+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Big C

RIP Big C

Another old hero passes away, aged 59 Cyrille Regis, fans across the midlands will be surely sad to hear of his death from a heart attack earlier today RIP big man, never forgotten. A real gentleman, and I'm sure an inspiration to a large number of players from his and the following generations.

RIP Big Cyrille. A player that put fear into any club he faced. A real warrior on the pitch and a real gentleman off it.

Cyrille Regis was a football man like no other and I will always remember him for that goal at old trafford in that green & yellow wide striped albion shirt. I know he played for us, cov and wolves but when I think of albion icons, I think of him 1st.
    He played in a fabulous side along with the other 2 degrees (sadly only Brendan Batson O.B.E. remains) Bomber, Cantello, Statham, Wile and Robson. Our on pitch rivalry was really at full tilt during the late 70s early 80s but Regis was majestical and I, as a ****ager, was in awe of him.
    Really saddened by the news, I heard he found God after football, well I hope he finds solace with him today. Thoughts with those left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Cyrille Regis was a football man like no other and I will always remember him for that goal at old trafford in that green & yellow wide striped albion shirt. I know he played for us, cov and wolves but when I think of albion icons, I think of him 1st.
    He played in a fabulous side along with the other 2 degrees (sadly only Brendan Batson O.B.E. remains) Bomber, Cantello, Statham, Wile and Robson. Our on pitch rivalry was really at full tilt during the late 70s early 80s but Regis was majestical and I, as a ****ager, was in awe of him.
    Really saddened by the news, I heard he found God after football, well I hope he finds solace with him today. Thoughts with those left behind.
    Thank you for your kinds words. Football family coming together. R.I.P Cyrille

Cracking words Exiled and very fitting to a footballing legend, I was fortunate enough to see him a good few times at Villa - he was a cult figure on the terraces and commanded respect from fans in a way that players (mostly) do not today. Many have already commented on social media about what a gent he was out and about in pubs & shops, taking the time to talk to fans.

R.I.P. Cyrille, gone but not forgotten

Met him a couple of times down birchfield harriers. His daughter did athletics there. I was chuffed when we signed him on a free. Is that 3 Atkinson era players gone in the last 12 months?
    He's a nice man and a big loss to everyone. Condolences to his family, RIP Cyrille

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)