+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Lambert

Paul Lambert

I bet (365) no one saw this comming. Paul Lambert has been appointed the new Manager at Stoke. Nothing like being thrown in at the deepend, tonight they play Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Personally, I wish Paul Lambert all the best.... I think he's going to need it. However, perhaps we treat him with far less respect than he deserves. He is never going to win 'Manager of the Year' status, but then again when at Wolves he never had the opportunity to enjoy the same financial backing or freedom of choice that Nuno is able to call upon. As managers go, I'm not suggesting P.L. was/is in the same class as our beloved Nuno, but I do feel that, sometimes, when we sit in judgment, we tend to forget.
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 15-01-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Personally, I wish Paul Lambert all the best.... I think he's going to need it. However, perhaps we treat him with far less respect than he deserves. He is never going to win 'Manager of the Year' status, but then again when at Wolves he never had the opportunity to enjoy the same financial backing or freedom of choice that Nuno is able to call upon. As managers go, I'm not suggesting P.L. was/is in the same class as our beloved Nuno, but I do feel that, sometimes, when we sit in judgment, we tend to forget.
    Deserves a 'like' that, Grizz.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I bet (365) no one saw this comming. Paul Lambert has been appointed the new Manager at Stoke. Nothing like being thrown in at the deepend, tonight they play Manchester United at Old Trafford.
    I saw the rumour floating about last night and even then i thought it was a wind up. Lambert is supposedly good friends with the Stoke owner Peter Coates. Lambert has a massive job on his hands in trying to keep Stoke up.

Very surprised at this hire. He’s done poorly in his last 3 jobs. Not sure Stoke will reverse the trend. One of his problems has been scoring goals. Decent attacking talent already at Stoke so maybe he won’t have to worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Not a bad word to say about Paul Lambert.
    Just never worked out.

Good luck Paul, you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Deserves a 'like' that, Grizz.
    And another "Like" from me. IMO he played a large part in keeping us in the Championship.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)