+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Mowbray ............

I've always loved football at this level. I really have enjoyed all the away games, the grounds, the atmosphere, games etc. It's just a better day out. I'm at a loose end most weekends, and only work during the week so I get to go these days. That's not been the case on a regular basis for me since my uni days (our Shearer/Sutton days) .....that's the only way way I get to go these days.
    Fans who attend or not are still just as much fans, look at Auks. Robin lives bleeding hundreds of miles away and can't get up much. I've not attended regular games in years, it doesn't stop me from spouting off
    Last edited by champs95; 15-01-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Funny thing, Champs. I was down on the Auckland waterfront the other day and saw a bloke in a Burnley shirt. I went and had a chat. He's been in NZ almost as long as me. We had a good laugh about changing fortunes, actually. The ups-and-downs of sport, eh?
    Ask the England cricketers!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I just to acknowledge him after a brilliant display in our game of the season on Sat. after years of crap. TM won us that, with great management. Nobody, not the fans, or more importantly them …..saw the side he would pick. Bennett playing CM and bossing the game, Samuel playing wide, and ripping their FB apart etc etc ……The crowds are back up, the last 2 have been around the 14k mark. For the first time this season, our home crowd got behind us on Sat. More will return as wins keep racking up. I trust in his signings on the whole (nobody gets every signing correct) but it’s a real coup to get Armstrong. What a class act he is, very very quick, he will play (and do a good job) out left where Antonsson had been playing. He will score goals. His signing will see us up. We will now finish top 2, I still maintain we will catch Wigan. Once they have come to Ewood and got a hiding, they will be 2 points in front (maybe less by then) and the race will be on. Our £300k bid for Bell from Fleetwood has been accepted, so he will arrive in the next 48 hours. Another potentially exciting signing, which I trust in TM's judgment. Let’s go for the title!!
    The last 2 matches I have been lucky enough to see at Ewood have been the best 2 matches (Scunny & Shrews) in donkeys years, way back before Allardyce took over. Enjoyable, the crowd are with us, the players and manager are together, and the club is being built up from the inside out. And that is all down to a very good, experienced manager. The comments from Shrews manager where disappointing. They got turned over. Tactically and physically. If not for a woeful ref display, it could’ve been 6/7 nil. Nobody saw the team he played coming, and it was match winning.
    Well as one of the posters who did just give up and leave the forum... I agree champs.

Saturday's game was the first time I've seen the crowd that fired for a long long time.

Just as pleasing was how we kept going till the end, and didn't try to sit back like the nervy 2nd half against Rochdale.

Id like to put on record that I do like Tony Mowbray. Comes across very well, and I remember him as a very good pro in his playing days too.

Tony Mowbray is a very proud man and that comes across to the players and fans
    His drive for us to succeed and make amends for last season is a key reason why we are pushing at the right end of the table
    With Tony Mowbray at the helm I have started to feel optimistic again.
    Thanks for the mention champs
    It is tricky living 3 hours away it means weekend games are almost a no go due to work/family
    So I pretty much only go mid week
    When I do far ones in the week it makes for a very tired next day following S****horpe away I had about 3 hours sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Tony Mowbray is a very proud man and that comes across to the players and fans
    His drive for us to succeed and make amends for last season is a key reason why we are pushing at the right end of the table
    With Tony Mowbray at the helm I have started to feel optimistic again.
    Thanks for the mention champs
    It is tricky living 3 hours away it means weekend games are almost a no go due to work/family
    So I pretty much only go mid week
    When I do far ones in the week it makes for a very tired next day following S****horpe away I had about 3 hours sleep.

You do well just to get there for any games Robin. I guess the second half of the season offers you some away games closer to you? Almost all the away games from now on (apart from Donny and Walsall) are all southern based teams. We play Pompey and Plymouth away I see in the space of a week!! If you'd like to mate, just let me know if you are coming up for a game, I'd like to meet up have a drink. Same goes with any of you on here. Before or after a match? Auks, I think you need to get over for a match to celebrate us going up ....drinks will be on me that day!!

Quote Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
    Well as one of the posters who did just give up and leave the forum... I agree champs.

Saturday's game was the first time I've seen the crowd that fired for a long long time.

Just as pleasing was how we kept going till the end, and didn't try to sit back like the nervy 2nd half against Rochdale.
    For a while I think almost all of us left!! But stick around now you are back on.
    While our fans have been very vocal away, in great numbers, Ewood is a tough place to get rocking, when its half empty. For starters we need a good number of away fans for it to generate an atmosphere. Then the home fans need to get behind their team!! Even when they got the stuffy pen to equalise on Sat, most stuck behind us, to the end! And it did help. Everyone was well up for Sat, the crowd, the manager, the players!! I can't remember the last time that happened? But it was years ago.

We would take about 4/5k to Fleetwood, but they really are holding on to this little club mentality too much imo. They wont allow us to outnumber their fans (like we have done at Bury, Rochdale, Oldham etc) so have restricted tickets. We only get 1,200. When we could easily treble that! I'm fuming as I cant get a ticket, despite having a ST, attended more than 3 away games, member of the 1875 Club!!

Hi champs thanks for the offer and I would like to take you up on that
    Next game realistically for me is mk dons away
    Staying up there Sunday night ready for the game Easter Monday
    Might make the Bristol game the Saturday after
    Let us know champs would be nice to meat up.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Hi champs thanks for the offer and I would like to take you up on that
    Next game realistically for me is mk dons away
    Staying up there Sunday night ready for the game Easter Monday
    Might make the Bristol game the Saturday after
    Let us know champs would be nice to meat up.
    I'd really like that Robin. MK away could be a great call? I will let you know as not got tickets yet etc, but we will be given a big allocation. I think Bristol will be very limited ticket wise so I may not get down for that. If you can make a home game, same just let me know.

Ok champs that sounds great I will be there with an arsenal fan that aside he is a good un
    Will be in Milton Keynes Sunday as will probably have a drink or 3 as staying at the ground.
    Will chat nearer the time about where to meet on the Monday
    There is a nice pub just off the estate by a lake maybe there?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)