+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T NEC Is Officially Left

O/T NEC Is Officially Left

The gloves can come off a bit on this thread as I'm sure it will become emotional but do not let your feelings spread to other threads please.

Try and treat people as you would like to be treat!

Three votes today for Momentum and they get the majority within the Labour Partys NEC.

Is this the end for the Labour Party as we've known it during modern times? The fight fought by Kinnock to bring the Labour Party back to something that could be trusted.

Blair took the Labour Party into power and kept it there followed by Brown. The way these two and their spin doctors changed the face of Labour and indeed renamed the party made the electable.

How long will it be before they are elected again?
    Last edited by frogmiller; 15-01-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Forgot O fing T bit

Shouldn't this be O/effin/T? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Shouldn't this be O/effin/T? ��
    I'll do it before mardy arse sees it

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The gloves can come off a bit on this thread as I'm sure it will become emotional but do not let your feelings spread to other threads please.

Try and treat people as you would like to be treat!

Three votes today for Momentum and they get the majority within the Labour Partys NEC.

Is this the end for the Labour Party as we've known it during modern times? The fight fought by Kinnock to bring the Labour Party back to something that could be trusted.

Blair took the Labour Party into power and kept it there followed by Brown. The way these two and their spin doctors changed the face of Labour and indeed renamed the party made the electable.

How long will it be before they are elected again?

Yes, that eternal debate - Blair indeed took a traditionally left wing party and made it occupy the centre ground, the old liberal/SDP position. That's all very well but what's the value of being in power if you can't deliver any of the policies that you believe in, namely making society fairer for the majority of people that live in it?

I really don't understand the problem of people that want a leading party to occupy the centre ground. Why not just vote for the Liberal Democrats?? Isn't that why they are there?

But personally I think that the world around me needs something more than just 'more of the same', which is what both Tories and Lib Dems stand to give us. The big job obviously is winning the argument and trust of the majority of voters that can actually make that happen.

Will it happen? I think that there's a good chance due to a combination of continued rejection of neoliberal policies that are clearly affecting negatively the lives of many people together with the energy and invention of the Momentum movement, very shrewd operators up top that for the first time are finding new ways of using persuasive social media campaigns to counter the Murdoch mind control together with a huge grass roots movement to get onto the door steps in key constituencies and continue the work we saw during the election.

I don't think the current movements within the Labour Party can be compared to any other time in the party's history. Both the party itself, its way of reaching out to people, and society itself has changed completely in recent years as neo-liberalism has eaten into our lives. Both here and in America, we can see that normal working folk have been voting (erratically for sure!) against the 'Establishment', and with the hope of a radical change of direction. The problem of course is trying to persuade them that Labour's direction is the radical change that would make for a better society, as opposed to the far right who, despite their diversionary tactics of blaming the EU/immigrants, will always just give us the same as the last 40+ years...

Interesting days ahead!

I'll just say this, take a long hard look at the state of the country, through rabid capitalism, today.

Take a long hard look at the welfare state, the schools, the NHS, the energy supply, the utility companies, the railways...then tell me that this rabid form of capitalism works, i include in that the Blair/Brown gov'ts who, despite doing some good things, also put greed before the country's good through PFI contracts etc.

It's a very sad state of affairs when Labour have to become the tories in order to beat them .

The centre grounds changed ( the overton window ) , Labour still occupy the centre ground it's the tories who have moved to the right .

An economy made up of nationlised industries and the free market , yep that's pretty much centre ground for me .

Miliband did it by bringing in the "vote for £3 fee" but did he do it on purpose?

I would like to see a new party made up of the left of Tories and right of Labour, call it a centrist party (really a neo-liberal globalist party), May, Rudd and Hammond belong in the new party.

Then the electorate will have a clear choice of right, left or globalist.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's a very sad state of affairs when Labour have to become the tories in order to beat them .

The centre grounds changed ( the overton window ) , Labour still occupy the centre ground it's the tories who have moved to the right .

An economy made up of nationlised industries and the free market , yep that's pretty much centre ground for me .
    Sorry but that is complete nonsense.

Centre for you maybe but not in actuality.

Labour have moved to the left and so have the Conservatives.

Can somebody please tell GF how out of touch he is and try and welcome him back to the real world....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Can somebody please tell GF how out of touch he is and try and welcome him back to the real world....
    The real world where Corbyn's Labour is "centre ground"

And I need a reality check.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast