+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T NEC Is Officially Left

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Oh right so you're a mind-reader.

As for hostility towards Muslims, seems to me the vast majority of hostility i.e. terrorism, child-grooming, is from Muslims towards non-Muslims (unless you read the Guardian).
    No im not mate. Just interested in the culture and the thinking behind different perspectives. Just put me right? Why do you want to change political parties that have very little in common with the views you put forward when you already have parties that seem to represent your views. Shouldn't you be championing them positively against the views of others?

If your views differ from these groups, id be interested to know in what way?

Vasectomy's for the plebs , an alliance with NI paramilitaries and failing companies or sectors dumping their losses on the taxpayer , ZHC , austerity cake for the less well off and foodbank central would surely do it for Fire , throw in Bo Jo and Jacob Rees Mogg and it's a real winner with the younger voter .

Come out of the closet fire and announce yourself as a Tory , the party is made for you mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Vasectomy's for the plebs , an alliance with NI paramilitaries and failing companies or sectors dumping their losses on the taxpayer , ZHC , austerity cake for the less well off and foodbank central would surely do it for Fire , throw in Bo Jo and Jacob Rees Mogg and it's a real winner with the younger voter .

Come out of the closet fire and announce yourself as a Tory , the party is made for you mate .
    Another mindreader.

Tories are New Labour now.

Another mindreader.

Tories are New Labour now.
    Oh come on GF - there isn't any mind reading involved. Your views have been amply expressed on here and it's quite clear what policies you would like to prioritise if you had your way.

So I ask again, why don't you support on here the UK parties that are more closely aligned to your views, instead of obsessing about the lack of support for your views in the mainstream political parties?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Oh come on GF - there isn't any mind reading involved. Your views have been amply expressed on here and it's quite clear what policies you would like to prioritise if you had your way.

So I ask again, why don't you support on here the UK parties that are more closely aligned to your views, instead of obsessing about the lack of support for your views in the mainstream political parties?
    Polls show that most people share my view that all 3 mainstream parties are garbage, but because of our first-past-the-post system they still vote for them because they know they're the only ones who can win, the system's broken.

Polls show that most people share my view that all 3 mainstream parties are garbage, but because of our first-past-the-post system they still vote for them because they know they're the only ones who can win, the system's broken.
    So, which party would you vote for in a proportionate representation system?

But what's the point of sitting on the outside moaning about it. I fell out with Labour and politics in the late 90s but when a candidate emerged that I could support, I threw my weight behind him and am active in trying to make a change for what I think is the better. You have parties that represent your views, why don't you get behind them, argue their case with us, instead of moaning about the mainstream parties?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    But what's the point of sitting on the outside moaning about it. I fell out with Labour and politics in the late 90s but when a candidate emerged that I could support, I threw my weight behind him and am active in trying to make a change for what I think is the better. You have parties that represent your views, why don't you get behind them, argue their case with us, instead of moaning about the mainstream parties?
    How do you know I don't?

I'm supposed to do this on a football forum?

You'd be the first to complain.

How do you know I don't?

I'm supposed to do this on a football forum?

You'd be the first to complain.
    Why would it be a problem to promote and argue for parties that you believe in in o/t threads on a football message board? Some might argue with you but I think that's the point of grown ups on threads like these. Surely it'd be better than complaining about the mainstream parties not representing your views when historically they never have done and never will do.

Why would I complain? If you're referring to people supporting or representing far right groups, I'm personally in favour of giving them public platforms, where their views can be expressed, scrutinised and challenged. That isn't to say that I support allowing closed meetings of any groups that are involved in supporting violence against other people. But that isn't to say that their political views shouldn't be allowed to be aired at all...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345