+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T NEC Is Officially Left

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Sorry but that is complete nonsense.

Centre for you maybe but not in actuality.

Labour have moved to the left and so have the Conservatives.
    I would agree that labour have moved more to the left than the days of New Labour but are pretty moderate and centre left in current policies as at the last manifesto. Quite in line with many Euro-Scandinavian social democratic parties it seems to me.

I'm interested that you think the Tories have moved also to the left. Specifically in what way? And since when? What Conservative administration had policies that were further right than the current one? Which policies?

The real world where Corbyn's Labour is "centre ground"

And I need a reality check.
    So, please point to anywhere in the last Labour manifesto that shows any form of extremes?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I would agree that labour have moved more to the left than the days of New Labour but are pretty moderate and centre left in current policies as at the last manifesto. Quite in line with many Euro-Scandinavian social democratic parties it seems to me.

I'm interested that you think the Tories have moved also to the left. Specifically in what way? And since when? What Conservative administration had policies that were further right than the current one? Which policies?
    May's whole agenda so far has been "social justice" a left wing concern usually (the "race disparity audit" being the most famous example), Corbyn did well in the election so they moved left after young voters.

The only traditionally "Conservative" policies she's announced; bringing back grammar schools and fox-hunting, have both been scrapped.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-01-2018 at 04:24 PM.

May's whole agenda so far has been "social justice" a left wing concern usually (the "race disparity audit" being the most famous example), Corbyn did well in the election s so they moved left after young voters.

The only traditionally "Conservative" policies she's announced; bringing back grammar schools and fox-hunting, have both been scrapped.
    Why should 'social justice' be a left wing concern?

Surely we all want social justice, what's the matter with you...earth calling planet GF....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    So, please point to anywhere in the last Labour manifesto that shows any form of extremes?
    Half the Labour Party think they're too left-wing.

You're far-left so you think anyone to the right of you is a Neo-Nazi.

May isn't even a Conservative, she's a Neo-liberal like Cameron, Blair, and Brown. The present "Conservative" Party is indistinguishable from New Labour whose agenda they continued, the Nanny State, Harriet Harman's social justice laws left in place, they're following the globalist agenda of the UN/ Goldman Sachs/ Morgan Stanley/ Soros etc

Half the Labour Party think they're too left-wing.

You're far-left so you think anyone to the right of you is a Neo-Nazi.

May isn't even a Conservative, she's a Neo-liberal like Cameron, Blair, and Brown. The present "Conservative" Party is indistinguishable from New Labour whose agenda they continued, the Nanny State, Harriet Harman's social justice laws left in place, they're following the globalist agenda of the UN/ Goldman Sachs/ Morgan Stanley/ Soros etc
    All well and good, fancy answering the question though.....

Why should 'social justice' be a left wing concern?

The answer to this is simple. Social justice has to benefit both sides of the spectrum. If you believe that through 100% employment will come social justice the thnking is from the right. However if you but to put social justice on top believing that everyone is entitiled to the same then you're from the left.

May's whole agenda so far has been "social justice" a left wing concern usually (the "race disparity audit" being the most famous example), Corbyn did well in the election so they moved left after young voters.

I'd agree that May has been making sound bites about social justice and even more so since the population showed at the election that they were concerned at the lack of social justice in society. However, you seem to be confusing what politicians say with what they DO and what May has actually done both as Home Sec and PM is presided over the most brutal cutting of disability benefits, the introduction of Universal Credit, cutting of Corporation Tax and inheritance tax to record lows and ruthless cutting of social services, security and health budgets.

Which other Conservative government has presided over such a record of public service and benefits cuts as well as enhancing benefits for the wealthy?

British politics got hijacked by the globalist neo-libs starting with Blair (maybe even with Major) and I doubt we will get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'd agree that May has been making sound bites about social justice and even more so since the population showed at the election that they were concerned at the lack of social justice in society. However, you seem to be confusing what politicians say with what they DO and what May has actually done both as Home Sec and PM is presided over the most brutal cutting of disability benefits, the introduction of Universal Credit, cutting of Corporation Tax and inheritance tax to record lows and ruthless cutting of social services, security and health budgets.

Which other Conservative government has presided over such a record of public service and benefits cuts as well as enhancing benefits for the wealthy?
    The gap between rich and poor has actually been narrowing since Cameron but Corbyn is not one to mention that.

Lack of growth in wages is almost entirely due to massive immigration started by Labour's Blair.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast