+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Movies You're Watching and Watched.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    A splendid film, and, if its trivia that you are after it also featured both Captain Mainwaring and Trigger's dad amongst the cast list. It was partly shot at Cheltenham College, a few miles away from where I was incarcerated in a similar institution but as I was only in the 3rd form then, the limit of our rebellion was a flirtation with smoking in the woods - certainly no tiger scenes in the local cafe.
    Cheltenham was one of the film locations I've been to, took a wander round when there for some saturday afto inter-school team slaughter event. Fantastic architecture.

yes our 1sts would usually get stuffed by their 3rds at rugby or cricket

yes our 1sts would usually get stuffed by their 3rds at rugby or cricket
    i can't even remember the sport(s), just the blood and sinew left on the pitch. Not mine BTW,this was me as a parent of sports mad kids, I'd travel anywhere with them if there was a cup o tea and a cake on offer around 5.

Cheltenham is also where I ran up a nice student debt. Went back there 5 years ago for a reunion, and they've replaced the student bar with a coffee shop. I feel vastly out of touch with the current generation.

Now you are making me feel old - University of Gloucestershire: twas but a College of Education back in my day

Now you are making me feel old - University of Gloucestershire: twas but a College of Education back in my day
    Just like Derby Uni. really Rog. Amalgamation of a College of Education and Derby Tech...these places should have been called Polytechnics imo...then everyone would still know what the ‘real’ universities are.

Wasn’t there a film called ‘O Lucky Man’ - nothing to do with the fine ELP song of the same name - in the same genre as ‘If’ and ‘A Clockwork Orange’ which I seem to remember as being very decent.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-01-2018 at 01:22 PM.

If, O Lucky Man and Britannia Hospital were a trilogy of films all featuring the same Malcolm Mc Dowell character over a number of years - all made by Lindsay Anderson and focussing on the disassociative nature of British society. A number of characters recur, but each stands on its own and you dont need to know the backstories. Very enjoyable all, despite Allan Price droning on ceaselessly in Oh Lucky Man. Thus ends my Faberlike knowledge of the film industry!

A Clockwork Orange was a different director (Stan Kubrick) but similar genre

Mall rats - the sequel to Clerks

Go ahead, make my day.

What a classic them Dirty Harry movies

Watched the new Mad Max last night. Took me about 45 minutes to work out what the weak plot was (except for being a long car chase). Don't really remember the 1st one making much sense either mind.

Decent enough bone-headed fun, with some boobs, can't complain, but won't need to re-watch.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)