+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 3 Teams Are Going To Drop Down to The Championship

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    Hull haven't done it. 19 teams in 25 years of the Premier League - less than a one in three chance or, glass half full, somewhere near one a season. BTW - a certain Notts Forest are one of those teams that has.
    Think Hull went down, straight back up and then straight back down again over the last three seasons.

Absolutely right there. I remember because we bought their captain when they were a tier 2 team that went up. They came down and up again. And now down. Maybe it's because from the first relegation, these teams retain the bulk of Prem players, perhaps?
    Then when they go up again, they don't replace these players some of whom may no longer be of Prem standards, as such they struggle and come down. but this time the team is not as strong as the first relegation?

Obviously this happened with Forest in the 90s, but the 3rd relegation was the killer, we had crap players and Platt bought even worse crap and you know the history from thereon.

Of course not every single relegated club goes back up immediately. I don't think there has ever been a case where all 3 came back straight again, is there? But usually 1 of them does, and 1 of the remainder in the parachute system (pure conjecture here).

That said we certainly don't want the likes of Newcastle, Southampton, Stoke and Watford here next season.

The current bottom 3 of Stoke, WBA and Swansea are poor. Huddersfield and BHA are both in free fall. I expect 3 of those 5 to go down.

Huddersfield, Brighton, Swansea.

Watford have built a 6 point gap since sacking their manager. WBA are now bottom, with Huddersfield after a bright start, have finally entered the relegation zone. Stoke being 3rd from bottom.

Only 7 points separating 12th spot to bottom (20th).
    I still think Huddersfield will go down.
    As for the other 2, I'd still prefer it be Swansea and Brighton.
    Certainly don't want Palace, Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton or West Ham.
    I think West Brom will be less dangerous in the Championship if they go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Think Hull went down, straight back up and then straight back down again over the last three seasons.
    And maybe another relegation this year. Could be the first double double relegation with Hull and Sunderland struggling. Didn't see that scenario at the start of the season but guess it shows how tough this league is

Less than a month ago I’d have said Swansea...well I did...but Carvalhal appears to have worked wonders. Weird...from underachieving at Wednesday to likely motm in the Premiership in just a few weeks.

West Brom. Huddersfield. Palace. for me.

WBA are in some serious ****. Losing again to Chelski.
    7 points from safety, doesn't look good. Huddersfield had a good win but only 1 point clear of Southampton.
    Kinda hard to predict the other 2 but I'd still prefer Brighton and Huddersfield to drop down from the list of potential 'droppers.'

Swansea suddenly look a very handy side.

romanis. Palace next three matches Spurs Man u. Chelsea. Ouch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)