+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 3 Teams Are Going To Drop Down to The Championship

Which 3 Teams Are Going To Drop Down to The Championship

I know it's a bit early, but I've managed to watch some Prem games out here in the Far East and I do think Stoke will be 1 of them.
    They used to be so boring and very defensive only Stoke fans were able to enjoy their games. But this season they're very poor.
    They've appointed Lambert but I think he's going to be Championship manager. And that's not a good thing, they'd be favoured to get back up straightaway.

I though at the Huddersfield and Brighton were doomed with Newcastle the likeliest survivor. It seems the other way round now. Newcastle and Swansea the other 2 favoured for the drop.

Newcastle and Stoke in this division? You'd be get promoted in a hurry!

Absolutely impossible to say, only eight points seperate 9th and 19th plus there are a real lot of Championship quality sides in that mix.

If I was having a flutter I would say Brighton, Huddersrfield and Swansea but Stoke have given themselves more than a fighting chance of relegation by appointing Lambert. I'd be really surprised if Newcastle were worse that some of the others around them.

we will! the problem will be yours, unless you go down yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    we will! the problem will be yours, unless you go down yourselves
    If Stoke and Newcastle are here next season, we can forget about promotion with Villa and Boro possibly too. The best we can ever hope for would be a play-off place and that's a huge ask for Forest.
    Karanka is good but getting Forest up will be the toughest thing he's ever faced, he'll need loads of time which is a very rare commodity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    If Stoke and Newcastle are here next season, we can forget about promotion with Villa and Boro possibly too. The best we can ever hope for would be a play-off place and that's a huge ask for Forest.
    Karanka is good but getting Forest up will be the toughest thing he's ever faced, he'll need loads of time which is a very rare commodity these days.
    Not at all, lots of the big teams come down with a squad full of players who they have to shift out in the summer, leavng them pretty much starting again.

Norwich, Sunderland (more than once), Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Villa, QPR, Man City - all sides that came down with the promise that they would bounce right back.

Indeed, West Brom and Newcastle are pretty much the only two sides who have managed to make their visit to our part of the world a temporary one.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    Not at all, lots of the big teams come down with a squad full of players who they have to shift out in the summer, leavng them pretty much starting again.

Norwich, Sunderland (more than once), Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Villa, QPR, Man City - all sides that came down with the promise that they would bounce right back.

Indeed, West Brom and Newcastle are pretty much the only two sides who have managed to make their visit to our part of the world a temporary one.
    Sunderland and Hull were up and down like a toilet seat for a while.

Can see Watford getting dragged into it...so them Stoke and Swansea for me.

Yes I accept your points Baalocks. But Manx has a point. Most these teams that come down for the first time in a long time do usually go back up or within the parachute payment time. QPR, Norwich, Burnley are examples. It's usually after the 2nd relegation or more that they remain here.
    Newcastle if they do come down, will be dead on to return. Stoke, I believe are not that big a spender, so they should retain the bulk of their team which until recently looked way too defensive to be relegation candidates'. But I suspect most of their players would be better than what most championship teams possess.
    Swansea appear the weakest link, but with parachute money may have enough resources to reach the play-offs.

Of course all these is conjecture, it could well be Brighton and Huddersfield, but if it ain't of the aforesaid, then what does that leave us with? West Ham, Everton, Southampton and Bournemouth? Which would be even worse!

Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea would be the preferable choices. The others would be extremely strong in this division IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can see Watford getting dragged into it...so them Stoke and Swansea for me.
    I forgot Watford. Even then they have a good side for Tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Yes I accept your points Baalocks. But Manx has a point. Most these teams that come down for the first time in a long time do usually go back up or within the parachute payment time. QPR, Norwich, Burnley are examples.
    Hull haven't done it. 19 teams in 25 years of the Premier League - less than a one in three chance or, glass half full, somewhere near one a season. BTW - a certain Notts Forest are one of those teams that has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)