+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tim Cahill

Tim Cahill

Maybe on his way back to the Den!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Maybe on his way back to the Den!
    for a pie and mash

Please tell us more Frenchie, don't leave us hanging, you winding us up.

Amazing. just seen the news that he could be back, of course it makes perfect sense he has to be playing regularlyto make the Aussie team for Russia. Despite his age he is still scoring at international level and he does not need the dosh as he is worth 12 million.

Wonderful.

And of course he is a buddie of bomber Harris, I remember that day at the 2004 F.A. Cup Final the 2 of them playing together.
    Last edited by claw84; 15-01-2018 at 07:49 PM.

found this...

With Millwall confirming overnight that, contrary to reports, the veteran striker is not on their radar, sources north of the border have confirmed that Cahill has offered himself up as a low budget option until the end of the Scottish Premiership season.

Hearts look the more promising of the possibilities, since they are about to reap $1 million from the probable sale of striker Kyle Lafferty to a Middle East or Asian club.

If that move goes ahead then coach Craig Levein will be in the market for a replacement, and Cahill could offer stop-gap value.

Their Edinburgh rivals Hibernian, coached by former Celtic boss Neil Lennon, last week clinched the loan signing of Australia striker Jamie Maclaren from SV Darmstadt until the end of the season, and with a complement of three strikers appear a long-shot.

Millwall deny reports of Cahill's return
    English Championship side Millwall have denied Australia star Tim Cahill is set for an emotional return to the club where he began his career.

They face each other at Tynecastle at the resumption from the winter break in the Scottish Cup on Monday (ADT).

Should all else fail, according to one source, Cahill might even canvass the prospect of playing under former Socceroos teammate Harry Kewell, now the rookie coach at English League Two club Crawley Town.

Millwall, meanwhile, were perplexed by reports of Cahill’s imminent return to club were he made his name in English football, scoring 56 goals in 249 games between 1998-2004 and helping them to the 2004 FA Cup final.

A free agent since departing Melbourne City in December, Cahill is keen to shore up his club future to ensure himself a spot in Australia’s FIFA World Cup squad for Russia.

A former teammate and roommate of Lions coach Neil Harris, Cahill played an advisory role when sometime Socceroo James Meredith moved from Bradford City to the Den in the northern summer.

Cahill set to make shock Millwall return
    Socceroos star Tim Cahill is reportedly set to make a shock return to English Championship side Millwall.

Left-back Meredith, who is having an impressive season for the newly promoted Championship club, believes that Cahill still has plenty to offer - no matter where he goes.

“Tim is a legend at Millwall and the fans still love him,” he said.

“I don’t how true the reports are (of interest from Millwall) but he is a special player, Australia’s best ever.

“He is a bit magic ... he turns up with that goal on the special occasion and is in the right spot at the right time.

“His finishing, head or feet, is excellent. On top of that, he brings a great morale boost wherever he goes because of his big personality.

“He’s a genuine role model. I’m a friend of his and have a lot of respect for him.”

Meredith, 29, used Cahill as a sounding board before signing with the south-east London club.

“I called him up to ask what Millwall was like and he really endorsed the club,” he said.

“That was a big part in me coming here ... there were a couple of other Championship clubs interested and I was pretty 50/50 at that point. It’s proved a good decision.”

take care now
    john.

Thanks for that Daggers you have been doing your homework, and having read all that I am still not sure what his plans are. Sad if he does not come back to the Den as he is a legend here and he has a pal in Meredith who is playing in the team.

I fear you are right though as I e-mailed Millwall's media chief Billy Taylor this morning and have had no reply as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Thanks for that Daggers you have been doing your homework, and having read all that I am still not sure what his plans are. Sad if he does not come back to the Den as he is a legend here and he has a pal in Meredith who is playing in the team.

I fear you are right though as I e-mailed Millwall's media chief Billy Taylor this morning and have had no reply as yet.
    yes mate, a tough 1 to call imo, wrtings on the wall (excuse the pun) though, its usually money at the end of the day, as always...
    perhaps for the best

train hard, fight easy...
    john.

No ifs no maybes no probably no perhaps.....he is back!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    No ifs no maybes no probably no perhaps.....he is back!
    Amazing Frenchie, never thought I would see him back at the Den, he maybe getting long in the tooth but he is still scoring internationl goals. A good moral boost to the team as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)