+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - Attn i961pie

OT - Attn i961pie

Best wishes for the New Year. As TTR would say, 'blimey you're still around!!'

Anyway how's life, I know you've been down to NZ, do you have relatives there (I forget)?

Because we have a NZ heavyweight champion. And that's what I want to talk to you about.

What fights you looking out for this year?

Joshua v Parker for sure
    GGG v Alvarez II

Any others? And what your picks about the above 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Best wishes for the New Year. As TTR would say, 'blimey you're still around!!'

Anyway how's life, I know you've been down to NZ, do you have relatives there (I forget)?

Because we have a NZ heavyweight champion. And that's what I want to talk to you about.

What fights you looking out for this year?

Joshua v Parker for sure
    GGG v Alvarez II

Any others? And what your picks about the above 2?
    Aye up, yes I am still alive and kicking.
    I am going to NZ on Thursday for 10 weeks to see my daughter and new 6 month old grandson.
    I will be there for the AJ v Parker fight so will be watching it along with many Kiwi fans so that should be interesting
    I think Joshua will be to strong for Parker who asn't beat much and won't have faced such an hostile crowd that awaits him.
    Many thought he was lucky to get the decision over Luiz jr.
    I suppose a puncher always has a chance and AJ as been put down but it would be a big upset if Joshua lost.
    The rematch with GGG and Alvarez should be another close fight, I thought Golovkin won the last encounter but one of the judges scored it 118-110 to Alvarez, he shouldn't be allowed near a scorecard again.
    Alvarez will be slight favourite imo in the next one, GGG as had some hard scraps and is 35 so time could be catching up with him but he is a great champion.
    The Groves v Eubanks fight should be worth a watch also.
    Happy New Year--UPiesssssss

Yes I think Alvarez got a wee bit lucky then but he'll do better this time.

What about Lomashenko?

The fight I wanna see is Wilder v Joshua. I've been following Wilder for a bit, I think he's the man but Joshua is a great champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Yes I think Alvarez got a wee bit lucky then but he'll do better this time.

What about Lomashenko?

The fight I wanna see is Wilder v Joshua. I've been following Wilder for a bit, I think he's the man but Joshua is a great champion.
    Politics might thwart that fight for a while, and Wilder is a bit erratic you might have to wait a while for that one.

Yes but hopefully it does take place this year, say November or December. It's a pity there's no Klitschko v Joshua rematch.
    Despite whatever criticism he and his brother *****i faced, both were great champions for a long time and dominated the division against all comers, although I always felt *****i was the better fighter.

Wlad was a bit too cautious or methodical, he had Joshua but just didn't have the killer instinct. *****i I felt, had that. If it was him against Joshua, that 5th round knockdown would have led to the Briton's end.

Anyways I know with you going way down south, after a while you'll get bored. And eager for some convos, so no worries, do drop a message or 2 for me here and I'll entertain you.
    And please don't create another earthquake while you're there!