+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Cyril Regis

RIP Cyril Regis

Shocked to hear Cyril had passed away aged 59 years old .

Older posters will remember the former WBA striker in that great Baggies team of the late 70's .

Great striker was Cyril , brave , good in the air , pace and power and scored plenty of goals .

RIP Cyril .

Yeh I'm one who saw him a few times , wat an athlete, really good player , deserved more recognition than he was given , God Bless Him
    RIP BIG MAN

Great player , one of my first favourites who played for other clubs when I was a youngen

Too young that to pass away RIP

Top player. RIP.

Played in an era when morons in crowds (including Oakwell) were mekkin monkey noises at black players and he kept his dignity stuffing it darn their throwits by playing well ageean 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Top player. RIP.

Played in an era when morons in crowds (including Oakwell) were mekkin monkey noises at black players and he kept his dignity stuffing it darn their throwits by playing well ageean 'em.

The wo still doing monkey noises at oakwell when we laiked arsenal at ooam in 1995. Ian Wright went off pitch in tears after seeing a young boy in the crowd doing it to him. Nathan Blake also branded Barnsley fans as racists around the same time, he's still a w @nk er though

A can remember watching football on telly when a were younger and the wo looards o fans at it ivry time a black player got ball. It were same wi ossie ardilles and riki villa during Falklands war, they got abuse.

Can't o bin easy for likes o Regis and Viv Anderson back then. They were high profile players who were class footballers despite the adversity. We ed Winston Campbell and Tony Cunningham back then n all. A nivver saw them 2 laik, just afooar my time. Am glad it's changed and there aren't so many narrow minded fools abart these days.

Great player, played in the proper spirit, was listening to jim white on talksport this morning and it brought a tear to my eye. Rest easy Cyril