+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S/T Price Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Free coach to Barnet was the suggestion, then someone said "Season ticket holders only", AH thought great idea and would take it to Monday's (15th) management meeting.

https://twitter.com/twelsh10/status/952295658710552583

and the following tweet from AH

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Jan 13

Alan Hardy Retweeted Trevor Welsh

I’ll take that to my management team meeting on Monday and see if we can make that work. I’ve been looking for a way to recompense season ticket holders for the £2 Crewe game 
    This was in response to the suggestion of free buses to an away game, rather than a 'refund'. Still a great idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This was in response to the suggestion of free buses to an away game, rather than a 'refund'. Still a great idea though!
    You'll have to ask Tarks - I took it that "refund" was Mexican for "recompense".

Recompense and refund have almost the same meaning, plus I did put "refund" in inverted commas Mr Grand Poobah.....hopefully you have not caught the EliteSplitusHairus disease that appears to spreading like the Bubonic Plague?

Recompense Synonyms, Recompense Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
    www.thesaurus.com/browse/recompense/5
    More words related to recompense. repay. verb. give back money or possession. accord · award · balance · compensate · indemnify · make amends · make restitution · make up for · offset · pay back · pay dues · rebate · recompense · refund · reimburse · remunerate · requite · restore · return · reward · settle up · square ...

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/recompense/5

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Recompense and refund have almost the same meaning, plus I did put "refund" in inverted commas Mr Grand Poobah.....hopefully you have not caught the EliteSplitusHairus disease that appears to spreading like the Bubonic Plague?

Recompense Synonyms, Recompense Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
    www.thesaurus.com/browse/recompense/5
    More words related to recompense. repay. verb. give back money or possession. accord · award · balance · compensate · indemnify · make amends · make restitution · make up for · offset · pay back · pay dues · rebate · recompense · refund · reimburse · remunerate · requite · restore · return · reward · settle up · square ...

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/recompense/5
    Calm down dear. It was just that many people would assume refund meant some money was being sent to them. We all know that the next thing that would happen is an outcry from them that AH had 'lied' or similar. Not meaning to get into technicalities and semantics, just attempting to avoid another opportunity for the you-know-whos to have a go at AH for something he hasn't said.

Calm down dear. It was just that many people would assume refund meant some money was being sent to them. We all know that the next thing that would happen is an outcry from them that AH had 'lied' or similar. Not meaning to get into technicalities and semantics, just attempting to avoid another opportunity for the you-know-whos to have a go at AH for something he hasn't said.
    I was replying in jest Sir, having read the full tweetings and twitterings on this subject yesterday and continuing as we speak.
    I could not recall BigAls exact tweet as I was originally typing but was fairly confident it involved some form of monetary balance to placate the "moaning minnies"....in my slightly inebriated befuddlement I typed "refund" instead of "recompense"....my apologies to one and all.

ps my reference to Grand Poobah was meant in the Masonic Lodge context ie Water Buffalo Lodge 26 and Leopard Lodge 462....not in the UrbanDictionary sense.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 16-01-2018 at 02:00 PM.

I was replying in jest Sir, having read the full tweetings and twitterings on this subject yesterday and continuing as we speak.
    I could not recall BigAls exact tweet as I was originally typing but was fairly confident it involved some form of monetary balance to placate the "moaning minnies"....in my slightly inebriated befuddlement I typed "refund" instead of "recompense"....my apologies to one and all.

ps my reference to Grand Poobah was meant in the Masonic Lodge context ie Water Buffalo Lodge 26 and Leopard Lodge 462....not in the UrbanDictionary sense.
    I knew what you meant amigo, comes of speaking a bit of Italiano. Anyhow your Grand Poobah brings back to mind that great charity shop, now defunct, on Woodborough Rd, the "R.a.o.b.g.l.e." next door to Krazy Kev's Bettabytz. I hadn't given the name much though until I got a full set of golf clubs, bag, folding buggy, balls and ball washer, tees, rain jacket, glove for the closing down price of .... £5. Prior to that I hadn't know anything about "Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes" GLE. Are you a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I knew what you meant amigo, comes of speaking a bit of Italiano. Anyhow your Grand Poobah brings back to mind that great charity shop, now defunct, on Woodborough Rd, the "R.a.o.b.g.l.e." next door to Krazy Kev's Bettabytz. I hadn't given the name much though until I got a full set of golf clubs, bag, folding buggy, balls and ball washer, tees, rain jacket, glove for the closing down price of .... £5. Prior to that I hadn't know anything about "Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes" GLE. Are you a member?
    Not a member OldPie....I have had business dealings with a few Masonic Lodges when I was working for Home Brewery and was once asked if I wanted to join a Shriners Lodge in Tennessee.
    I ran a few free golf days for them on my course and donated all monies to one of their hospitals....they are a pretty big organisation in the US.

Phew

Unbelievable response from a season ticket holder Lynne on twitter https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Unbelievable response from a season ticket holder Lynne on twitter https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5
    As you say, unbelievable. I just don't get these ST holders who moan because someone else is getting a game at a lower price than them. It states in the season ticket T&Cs that this is guaranteed to be the cheapest way to see every game at Meadow Lane. I wouldn't care if Alan Hardy broke those conditions and offered free admission for the rest of the season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast