+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron Jerome

Cameron Jerome

So its reported tonight in the media he's having a medical up here tomorrow after both club agreed a fee of 1.5m plus possible add-ons.

Personally i thought we might of done better but its not my money and Rowett seems to think he's what we need, in Rowett we trust. Guess this means Martins on his way out with leeds looking like his next destination

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So its reported tonight in the media he's having a medical up here tomorrow after both club agreed a fee of 1.5m plus possible add-ons.

Personally i thought we might of done better but its not my money and Rowett seems to think he's what we need, in Rowett we trust. Guess this means Martins on his way out with leeds looking like his next destination
    I thought Jerome and BJ had a bit of...erm ‘history’, or am I confusing him with somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought Jerome and BJ had a bit of...erm ‘history’, or am I confusing him with somebody else?
    I think Cameron Jerome is the only thing in Norwich that BJ didn't boff at some point during his time there.

Jerome is a great impact player / Plan B in this division and will eat raw what Nugent feeds him but probably means that at least Martin is on his way.

The one to consider is Winnall, does he now fall behind Jerome in the pecking order? You got to feel for the lad if that is the case, he's not put much wrong in his time here and was pretty instrumental in the start of the run.

Depends which plan winnall falls into A or B

I really don't think he's a player of 'Derby's standard' so to speak. However Stenny has made the all important point. If he's a player that Rowett wants, then we all should bow to his superior knowledge in these matters.

In a way also at this juncture, with the team playing ever so well and having momentum, perhaps you don't really need a 'big star player,' who might come and spoil that balance. This is mid-season after all, you don't have the luxury of a summer where players can get used to each other. You want your signings at this stage to add to your current strength, be an alternative impact or to be a good standby. And in Jerome, you may have all 3 there.

At this stage, you only need to tinker a little bit in what has been successful those.
    An 'Asprillaesque' signing might be a wonderful capture, but at the expense of balance and momentum.

Well if this is true I didn't see that one coming.......................A 31 year old !...............Do we need any more strikers if yo consider we are second highest scorers in the league, will it give the right impression to those already banging in the goals, and more importantly those waiting for a chance to bang them in..................................simply can't see the sense in this .

If he comes it'll be in the knowledge that he's not in front of anyone in any pecking order, it'll be as a plan b striker where plan a isn't working and maybe becoming a plan a striker if another gets injured, its to see us over the line thats all and like Rom suggests a low key signing is probably less likely to upset the settled ones where as getting someone in like Dwight Gayle for £10m+ might just upset the apple cart

If he comes it'll be in the knowledge that he's not in front of anyone in any pecking order, it'll be as a plan b striker where plan a isn't working and maybe becoming a plan a striker if another gets injured, its to see us over the line thats all and like Rom suggests a low key signing is probably less likely to upset the settled ones where as getting someone in like Dwight Gayle for £10m+ might just upset the apple cart
    thats how I see it, and hopefully 'not in front of anyone' includes Winnall who's style I like

Defo not in front of Winnall, who actually i'd like us to try and buy

Defo not in front of Winnall, who actually i'd like us to try and buy
    Even if we go up?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)