+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Jerome

Considering his 'attitude problem' and the fact that he's been a bench warmer all season, I think that he's applied himself well when coming on for the last few minutes in many games.

ramAnag. Why aren't clubs queuing up to sign him £8millions is peanuts to a Prem club surely if he's that good one of the lower clubs would take a gamble Of course he's not turned into a bad player he's just surplus to requirements and draining the club Some fans seem to think he's more important to the club than he actually is We managed to win last season without him and we've already won 15 this season without him Yes he's been good for us but time for him to go Just as was Christie Hughes and Ince everybody thought the club would collapse without them

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. Why aren't clubs queuing up to sign him £8millions is peanuts to a Prem club surely if he's that good one of the lower clubs would take a gamble Of course he's not turned into a bad player he's just surplus to requirements and draining the club Some fans seem to think he's more important to the club than he actually is We managed to win last season without him and we've already won 15 this season without him Yes he's been good for us but time for him to go Just as was Christie Hughes and Ince everybody thought the club would collapse without them
    Mista, agree with most of what you’ve said but it was you that said he’s gone from good to average. That is our only difference...I completely agree he’s ‘surplus to requirement and draining the club’. I think Bryson was doing much the same actually but there we possibly differ too. My one and only point is that, in a team which plays to his strengths - which we no longer do - he can still do a job. More likely to be in the Championship than the Prem imo...but I’d still hope to get upwards of £5m for someone with his goal scoring record.

As for clubs not ‘queuing up’...we don’t really know but there is - allegedly - interest from Wolves, Leeds, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland and Stoke. No idea how much truth there is in any of that.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-01-2018 at 07:32 PM.

GR's preferred system does not have a Martin shaped hole. It is that simple. If we still played 1-4-3-3 with a target man and the MF supporting then he would be the first name on the team sheet every week. We don't so he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    GR's preferred system does not have a Martin shaped hole. It is that simple. If we still played 1-4-3-3 with a target man and the MF supporting then he would be the first name on the team sheet every week. We don't so he's not.
    In a nutshell!

Yes got to agree

This about him causing problems in the dressing room is all heresay, and forget the ultimate failure of promotion, on a match by match basis for a couple of seasons he was the hub around which a team spun that sent me home high as a bleedin kite with the way they played and the results they got. So if he stays I'll be happy and if he goes I'll be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    This about him causing problems in the dressing room is all heresay, and forget the ultimate failure of promotion, on a match by match basis for a couple of seasons he was the hub around which a team spun that sent me home high as a bleedin kite with the way they played and the results they got. So if he stays I'll be happy and if he goes I'll be grateful
    Absolutely.

Adam Forshaw just gone for 4.5m so based on that Martin would need to be at or around that fig surely?

Let’s face it...if Chelsea can be linked with 37 year old Peter Crouch...and Stoke are reluctant to let him go until they have a target man to replace him then just about anything can happen!

Interesting that Boro’ have allowed a major rival to strengthen by shipping out Forshaw.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)