+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Jerome

Nuge, Winnall, Martin, Bent, Bennett and Jerome.

Martin and Bent on their way?

Yes Martin going to Stoke for £8million must be true its in the Sun Only problem is he's not a Prem striker and he's not worth £8million

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes Martin going to Stoke for £8million must be true its in the Sun Only problem is he's not a Prem striker and he's not worth £8million
    Many doubted Lee Grant could hack it in the Prem...or even the Championship...but he proved people wrong. I’d take your word over the Sun’s every time mista, but I think Martin could be worth £8m to a team that recognises his strengths and plays to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Many doubted Lee Grant could hack it in the Prem...or even the Championship...but he proved people wrong. I’d take your word over the Sun’s every time mista, but I think Martin could be worth £8m to a team that recognises his strengths and plays to them.
    He'd be playing with some real quality attacking players, it could work well for them, and be a great deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    He'd be playing with some real quality attacking players, it could work well for them, and be a great deal for us.
    Martin has great vision and if surrounded by other players sharing that vision, he could prove to be a good premier league player. He is comfortable on either foot as well. Look when he come on for Scotland against England, the so called cream of English defenders couldn't cope with him.

I'd like to see him stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Martin has great vision and if surrounded by other players sharing that vision, he could prove to be a good premier league player. He is comfortable on either foot as well. Look when he come on for Scotland against England, the so called cream of English defenders couldn't cope with him.

I'd like to see him stay.
    You make a good point for NEXT year, sadly I don't think he will wait

The problem with Chris Martin is that he thinks it's all about Chris Martin. Has been a good servant for us but I think it's time to move him on. We seem a far more harmonious team when he's not in the XI.

I think a few on here seem to forget he WAS a good player he's just average now Theres no way anybody will pay £8million for him and pay his £30,000 a week wage He was never going to fit Rowetts style Just read Manx's post because that sums him up Ask yourself why Ince couldn't get away quick enough when he knew CM was coming back

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I think a few on here seem to forget he WAS a good player he's just average now Theres no way anybody will pay £8million for him and pay his £30,000 a week wage He was never going to fit Rowetts style Just read Manx's post because that sums him up Ask yourself why Ince couldn't get away quick enough when he knew CM was coming back
    Have to disagree mista. I accept Manx’s view completely and I think Martin does have an attitude problem, but he hasn’t suddenly become a bad or ‘average’ player. Maybe he won’t fetch £8m and I won’t be disappointed to see him gone...but the facts remain...he is a current international, he’s still only 29...he’s still averaged a goal every three games for us and, despite the display of petulance this time last year, he still managed the same goals per game ratio during his loan at Fulham. That sort of ‘quality’ doesn’t come cheap. In a team that suits him he’ll still score plenty of goals and we shouldn’t ‘give’ him away.

cherchez la team.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)