+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yeah no there’s no terms and conditions that say you can’t lend a season ticket to someone

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...nd-conditions/
    Reading those conditions you cannot transfer your season ticket without the clubs permission so they expect that it will be you sitting in the seat unless you have contacted them. Furthermore if you do lend the ticket to someone else you are misusing the ticket and it can be cancelled without refund. That's my interpretation.
    A couple of games ago - stewards were checking at the turnstile I use that you were the person named on the card you used as you entered the stadium - it made me think twice about lending my ticket to someone else.
    I think I will still lend it though as its only a couple of times a season and the only people who use it are not people who normally go and therefore it's not depriving the club of revenue and I have paid for the seat so I feel morally in the right - if they confiscated my season ticket I would have no-one to blame but myself though.

Here in Seattle, I believe buyers of season tickets for the NFL actually get issued 8 individual tickets for the 8 games and are then free to give away/sell their seat as they see fit. Companies I have worked for often buy some and then give them out to different employees for each game as work incentives. Never seen any problems about selling/giving them away but when they start around $2K for the 8 game package I guess the general feeling is if I've paid the money then it's mine to do what I want with.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Just has to be the same price band, i.e. Concession. If its an adult ticket then any one can use, but if it is a concession i.e. Then you would have to be the same concession, otherwise take the season ticket into club shop where they will issue you a ticket for the correct price band and you pay the difference, if any. The office keeps hold of the season ticket card until after the game, then you can collect it. When you go through the turnstyle the light flashes up a different colour for each concession, but does not flash for an adult.
    Yes but even in that case it would be a case of an either an empty seat or someone probably buying food and drink, wouldn't really be in the interest of the club to enforce it would it?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Yes but even in that case it would be a case of an either an empty seat or someone probably buying food and drink, wouldn't really be in the interest of the club to enforce it would it?
    They don’t even enforce no swearing in family stand lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Reading those conditions you cannot transfer your season ticket without the clubs permission so they expect that it will be you sitting in the seat unless you have contacted them. Furthermore if you do lend the ticket to someone else you are misusing the ticket and it can be cancelled without refund. That's my interpretation.
    A couple of games ago - stewards were checking at the turnstile I use that you were the person named on the card you used as you entered the stadium - it made me think twice about lending my ticket to someone else.
    I think I will still lend it though as its only a couple of times a season and the only people who use it are not people who normally go and therefore it's not depriving the club of revenue and I have paid for the seat so I feel morally in the right - if they confiscated my season ticket I would have no-one to blame but myself though.

Yes they do spot checks to see if you’re using the correct card for your age, nothing to do with your name

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That would depends if the person sat in the seat normally pays on the day. In which case club looses..

In the hospitality we have 6 tickets. 2 are personal use 4 are company use. Technically it should be used for company employees though in reality it's used for anyone company related or not. I guess when your spending money on tickets any reasonable owner/director/stadium manager are not too bothered, unless it's loaned to away fans which I could see why it would be a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    That would depends if the person sat in the seat normally pays on the day. In which case club looses..

In the hospitality we have 6 tickets. 2 are personal use 4 are company use. Technically it should be used for company employees though in reality it's used for anyone company related or not. I guess when your spending money on tickets any reasonable owner/director/stadium manager are not too bothered, unless it's loaned to away fans which I could see why it would be a problem...
    Yes, you're correct there.

rd was confiscated outside and he was left with the option to go home or pay the full amount, his sister got her ticket back without any further hassle.

Make sure if you lend your ticket to anybody its like for like, eg juvenile,male,female,senior. Stewards are spot-checking outside turnstiles, if they suspect something dodgy they will confiscate the ticket, i personally know someone it happened to recently,it was sister
    loaning to brother, her card was confiscated and the brother was given the option to pay in full for a matchday ticket or go home. She later got her ticket back without any further hassle.

It is not unknown for an adult to gain entry with a Senior Concession season ticket or one held by a Junior. I was at a match recently where a woman tried to enter with a Junior Season ticket. She was removed from the ground by the stewards and made to pay full match day entrance fee. Presumably if she had approached the club before the match they would have allowed her to pay just the difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast