+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Holders.

Season Ticket Holders.

Do you pass your season ticket on to a family member or friend when you are unable to attend a game.? Is it illegal to do so,? Does anybody know the rules if there is any? Thoughts.

I lent mine to a friend when a wedding clashed with a home match and had no issues but the girl who sits next to me comes with her dad and he lent his to her boyfriend and he was actually questioned by the stewards over it.

Not sure what the outcome was though, I've forgotten what she said.

You buy the seat so anyone can use it, surely? to add, how would the club know anyway?

If I’m ill 🤧 I lend mine to my dad so he can go for me.

I paid for it so it’s my seat for the season and I can lend it to anyone i please (that’s what I think)

If they argue over people lending season tickets to people it’s gonna stop people buying them (not everyone but some will not like it)

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    You buy the seat so anyone can use it, surely? to add, how would the club know anyway?
    No idea how they know, but the stewards did come into the stand and asked him to go with them and he never returned. Following match she told us it was to do with him using her dads season ticket but I've forgotten the rest of the story.

Never had a problem when I’ve gave mine away when I go in lounge .

Surely if the right age to the card is the same then what’s the problem? Unless it’s an away fan.

Different lights appear on turnstiles to the appropriate cards , that how they know

When a person buys a season ticket they enter into a contratual agreement to abide by the terms and conditions under which it is issued. I'm like most people in that I rarely read T & Cs, but I would imagine that they will state that the ticket is not transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom it is issued. They may also set out a contratual penalty for breaching the T&C's.

As for whether it would be criminally illegal to use someone else's ticket, there is a possible 'fraud by false representation' there if the T&C's say the ticket is not transferrable. That's because a person presenting a ticket is making an implied representation that they are entitled to use it.

Or something like that. I can't get on Wikipedia to check.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    When a person buys a season ticket they enter into a contratual agreement to abide by the terms and conditions under which it is issued. I'm like most people in that I rarely read T & Cs, but I would imagine that they will state that the ticket is not transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom it is issued. They may also set out a contratual penalty for breaching the T&C's.

As for whether it would be criminally illegal to use someone else's ticket, there is a possible 'fraud by false representation' there if the T&C's say the ticket is not transferrable. That's because a person presenting a ticket is making an implied representation that they are entitled to use it.

Or something like that. I can't get on Wikipedia to check.
    Yeah no there’s no terms and conditions that say you can’t lend a season ticket to someone

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...nd-conditions/

The terms and conditions as Kerr suggests Show that a season ticket is not casually transferable and t&cs state that a season ticket is only transferable with the club's permission and a £5 charge is levied

This does not apply to all football clubs,some allow transfer to friend's and family in recognition of the obvious fact that a holder may not be able to attend every game.

It's important to understand here that the holder of the season ticket is not the owner,the club is.

Now whether RUFC is petty enough to enforce the rules is another matter.
    Last edited by kempo; 15-01-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Just has to be the same price band, i.e. Concession. If its an adult ticket then any one can use, but if it is a concession i.e. Then you would have to be the same concession, otherwise take the season ticket into club shop where they will issue you a ticket for the correct price band and you pay the difference, if any. The office keeps hold of the season ticket card until after the game, then you can collect it. When you go through the turnstyle the light flashes up a different colour for each concession, but does not flash for an adult.
    Last edited by fc_miller; 15-01-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast