+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoke City- remind me of a pub team

Stoke City- remind me of a pub team

Didn’t realise SKY showed practice matches live on tv. Why they chose to show this game I do not know.United should have trebled the 3 goals they scored it was that one sided. Stoke City were garbage and looked like a team that were already relegated. If Paul Lambert keeps this team in the Premier League he should be made manager of the season.(instead of SD !)

As we know, things can change quickly.

If he sorts the defence out and gets a couple of quick wins then things will look different.

He has got a big job on though...

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    As we know, things can change quickly.

If he sorts the defence out and gets a couple of quick wins then things will look different.

He has got a big job on though...
    Lambert is not good enough to keep Stoke up.

To be fair to Stoke this should have scored three goals in the first half..

but they're only 2 wins (6points) off mid table.....must be plenty of pub teams in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

but they're only 2 wins (6points) off mid table.....must be plenty of pub teams in the PL.

theres one in seventh position..

Based on what I saw last night Stoke were abysmal. They couldn’t put 3 passes together and so naive in defence it was unbelievable. ( two defenders right on top of Lukaku and inviting him to turn and shoot) There were players on that pitch who should have been running their socks off to try and at least show a bit of effort. If I was a Stoke player knowing my new boss was watching in the stand I would have at least gave it all I had. Even the substitutes who came on in the second half just seemed to be strolling around. If I was a Stoke fan I would be fearing the worst.
    What happened to the image that Stoke had in recent years where you knew in advance you would be in for an awkward 90 minutes against them.? They are now too soft with no direction and not much talent behind those famous shirts.
    It was hard to judge United performance against such poor opposition and they really should have scored a few more to put a fair reflection on the score line.

I remember when Sean was appointed, and he watched from the stands, we lost 4-0 at Cardiff (?)

I'm not saying that Lambert will turn it round, but things CAN change quickly.

They ply 4 6 pointers in the next 4 weeks
    Home to
    Huddersfield Watford and Brighton
    Away to Bournemouth.
    Will Lamberts mojo work .?

There are about 12 teams in the EPL who share the same common denominator.

They can all beat other by a single goal and only the width of a fag paper separates them quality wise.

We are just one of the twelve.

The fact that we have 34 points on the board already, ensures my sleeping pattern remains largely uninterrupted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)