+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team v Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    If Wilder is sticking to the same system i would go with the following.

Moore

Bash Stearman JOC

Baldock Lunny Fleck Leonard Lafferty

Holmes

Clarke

Duffy needs a rest and i think Clarke looked better as a hold up player/main striker, with Brookes just behind linking midfield. Holmes can play the Brookes role plus pick up any pieces outside the box for a shot. Leonard will provide some much needed pace and drive with Lunny anchoring the midfield and being the link man with the back 3. Fleck does his usual thing and Stevens also needs a rest so put Lafferty in, who had a good game at Ipswich.
    Who is this Brookes you speak of and is he any relation to Sharpe?

talking of young brooksy anybody any idea when he will be back ?

By his own standards I think Stevens has been poor for a while. I think break would do him good. I’d also consider playing Billy alongside the Don to give Clarke a break, Billy should be well rested and ready to make a point and I think Duffy also needs a break as well so Holmes could figure.

I’d like to see Lenny in the team as well, but I’m aware that that would make at least 4 changes so I’d be a bit concerned it’d be too many. Although we’ve not set the world alight, we’ve won 2 and drawn 3 of our last 6 games in all competitions so it’s more about tweaking then wholesale IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    On a season long loan?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    Recovery

How long do the symptoms last?

Most people with glandular fever are unwell for 2 to 3 weeks, but tiredness and swollen lymph nodes can persist for several more weeks. In fact, it may take a few months before you feel completely well. It is important to take your time in getting back to normal.

Ongoing fatigue that lasts for 2-3 months is quite common. Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection, like a number of other viruses, may be a trigger for the development of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). However, chronic fatigue syndrome is NOT regarded as a chronic (ongoing) EBV infection and EBV is not considered a specific cause of CFS.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    By his own standards I think Stevens has been poor for a while. I think break would do him good. I’d also consider playing Billy alongside the Don to give Clarke a break, Billy should be well rested and ready to make a point and I think Duffy also needs a break as well so Holmes could figure.

I’d like to see Lenny in the team as well, but I’m aware that that would make at least 4 changes so I’d be a bit concerned it’d be too many. Although we’ve not set the world alight, we’ve won 2 and drawn 3 of our last 6 games in all competitions so it’s more about tweaking then wholesale IMO.
    But one of those two wins was when we made wholesale changes

If 1 win in 10 doesn't scream major changes required I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Recovery

How long do the symptoms last?

Most people with glandular fever are unwell for 2 to 3 weeks, but tiredness and swollen lymph nodes can persist for several more weeks. In fact, it may take a few months before you feel completely well. It is important to take your time in getting back to normal.

Ongoing fatigue that lasts for 2-3 months is quite common. Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection, like a number of other viruses, may be a trigger for the development of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). However, chronic fatigue syndrome is NOT regarded as a chronic (ongoing) EBV infection and EBV is not considered a specific cause of CFS.
    Brooks was singing the greasy chip butty loud and proud on instagram on Friday so his glands can't be that bad!

i think a fit again brooks alongside holmes behind leon is a very exciting prospect especially in away games but could work at home as well at least in next 4 games we wont be facing park the bus teams like notlob and pigs

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    But one of those two wins was when we made wholesale changes

If 1 win in 10 doesn't scream major changes required I don't know what does.
    Yep, but against a team that had also made 7 changes and all but one of the defeats were in the first 5 games of the 10 you mention. Changing 3 or 4 players mid season as I suggested is still a tough ask mate and remember 2 of the newbies have never played at this level. How many are you suggesting?

I really don’t think we’re far off and reckon we’ll kick on again when the new players have settled and one or two regular starters have had a spell in the bench. Let’s not throw the baby(s) out with the bath water just yet. I went to Derby and we played like Champions elect at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yep, but against a team that had also made 7 changes and all but one of the defeats were in the first 5 games of the 10 you mention. Changing 3 or 4 players mid season as I suggested is still a tough ask mate and remember 2 of the newbies have never played at this level. How many are you suggesting?

I really don’t think we’re far off and reckon we’ll kick on again when the new players have settled and one or two regular starters have had a spell in the bench. Let’s not throw the baby(s) out with the bath water just yet. I went to Derby and we played like Champions elect at times.
    OUT: Stevens, Lundstram, Duffy, Clarke
    IN: Lafferty, Leonard, L. Evans, Sharp/Holmes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast