+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the Paul Hurst Way

the Paul Hurst Way

Good read. I admire his attitude and work ethic. Top bloke who deserves the success he is achieving

Would have been a better choice than what we have now.

Remember plenty on here saying he didn't have the experience for the job when its been available in the past

Quote Originally Posted by miller172 View Post
    Remember plenty on here saying he didn't have the experience for the job when its been available in the past
    Yeh me too, and to be fair he's been in the management game quite a bit longer than PW, so a bit unfair to compare...

Refreshing read and it shows just how grounded he is. He's done extremely well for himself over the years and goes about his business in a very mature and non attracting way.

Like how the fans have bonded with him and the street name is a great idea.

Well done Hursty.

Paul Hurst Way, near to the Paul Warne Freeway or should that be loanway?

Well done Hursty. Really chuffed for the lad.

I must admit that his success at Shrewsbury has surprised me.

I know that he wasn't always popular at Grimsby. Grimsby fans were always expecting immediate promotion from the conference and it took Hursty (initially with Rob Scott) 4 years. Some of those seasons Grimsby were top of the conference and fell away. Hursty was subjected to a lot of abuse. When they eventually got promotion I'm sure I remember Hursty made a rather bitter comment about some of the support.

He did better than I expected at Shrewsbury, and continues to do so.
    Despite their start I was hopeful that, by the time we played them at NYS we would be leapfrogging them. Obviously that never happened and they are currently 13 points in front of us, with a game in hand.

I was not impressed with them at NYS, even though they won, and, again, expected them to start drifting down the league - wrong again.

You would think that I have learned my lesson by now but I still expect them to miss out on promotion. Why? certainly nothing logical based on results so far. Just a feeling (or is it because he is little?)

Hirsty has done well at Shrewsbury by ensuring the defence is tight.They have won a lot of matches by the odd goal and looked very well organised at the NYS but not the best team we have played this season.Wigan and Blackburn will go up automatic.If we strengthen in key positions we can join the Shrews in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post

I was not impressed with them at NYS, even though they won, and, again, expected them to start drifting down the league - wrong again.

You would think that I have learned my lesson by now but I still expect them to miss out on promotion. Why? certainly nothing logical based on results so far. Just a feeling (or is it because he is little?)