+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Tickets Online - Systems Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Just get everyone to tweet AH each time they have a problem.

Though hasn't he already said some time ago that this season fixing the system is out of his hands?
    Yeah, probably paraphrasing here, but think he suggested at some point that they were tied in to the current system for this season but would be able to sort it in the summer.

Isn't the company responsible for the software called Medoc who used to sponsor our shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Isn't the company responsible for the software called Medoc who used to sponsor our shirts?
    Yes that's the one:

http://www.medoc.com/ticketing.html

Nice to know they boast being "PCI DSS Level 1 compliant" - http://www.medoc.com/support.html

Or maybe Notts are running it on old Win ME computers in an RT bid to save money?

One thing though - AH shouldn't have rushed into "all ticket" till the system was up to speed.

Have had problems myself several times, I like to order online with my mobile rather than phoning the ticket office, download on mobile which they then scan at the turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yes that's the one:

http://www.medoc.com/ticketing.html

Nice to know they boast being "PCI DSS Level 1 compliant" - http://www.medoc.com/support.html

Or maybe Notts are running it on old Win ME computers in an RT bid to save money?

One thing though - AH shouldn't have rushed into "all ticket" till the system was up to speed.
    I could suggest bringing back cash turnstiles until all these problems have been sorted but no doubt I would be called a dinosaur & told how much easier the new system is. I have resisted posting on the"guess the Crewe gate" thread but would suggest that whatever the crowd it would be up by a thousand if people could just pay cash at turnstiles! we are not the only local club to suffer problems, the redrag reported last week that a family of reds who had pre booked tickets for the Arsenal game didn't get in until the 2nd half. In the main regulars have few problems but "new fans" who are not sure how the system works ,in other words the ones that we are targeting, will be put off as will the casual fans who decide/are talked into it at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Yeah, probably paraphrasing here, but think he suggested at some point that they were tied in to the current system for this season but would be able to sort it in the summer.
    I did not know this so thanks Old pie and Jacobncfc. If the club are aware and it's out of their hands for this season then we are going to have to bare with it and be patient.

We do live in a digital age so when it get's sorted it should be fairly straight forward to go online, pick an available seat and book tickets and it all be linked to a central database. It's just like when booking tickets at the Nottingham Ice Arena and if you book seats for a flight.

One thing I'm confident of is that AH will sort it.

It’s a shambles. I nearly always have issues with it, and have been charged twice recently, Tim was good enough to refund me the other after I saw it appear on my statement. Always best to check folks.

If AH doesn’t think it’s important enough to get it sorted this summer he needs to go back to cash at the turnstyles or be made to order a ticket for himself every match day to see how we feel using it.

For the floating fan, the last thing you need when you’ve got great offers is to make it nearly impossible to benefit by nit being able to book.

I was close to not bothering after an hour trying the other week. A lot of folk won’t spend that long trying. I certainly won’t again.

Move with the times Notts and get something that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I could suggest bringing back cash turnstiles until all these problems have been sorted but no doubt I would be called a dinosaur & told how much easier the new system is. I have resisted posting on the"guess the Crewe gate" thread but would suggest that whatever the crowd it would be up by a thousand if people could just pay cash at turnstiles! we are not the only local club to suffer problems, the redrag reported last week that a family of reds who had pre booked tickets for the Arsenal game didn't get in until the 2nd half. In the main regulars have few problems but "new fans" who are not sure how the system works ,in other words the ones that we are targeting, will be put off as will the casual fans who decide/are talked into it at the last minute.
    Have we still got that cashless ticket booth at the Kop? Could this work along with the ticket off for the time being? It's just making sure that there is sufficient staff and there are not long ques which will put people off as you say. I'm thinking of our FA cup game and potentially Crewe if we have an expected large attendance to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    If the club are aware and it's out of their hands for this season then we are going to have to bare with it and be patient.
    It can be frustrating, but even with my lack of patience I manage to remain fully clothed when it goes tits up. Today I booked my ticket for the FA Cup game online - my first attempt got the 'system error' message, then even though I was logged in to my account, it said my season ticket seat was unavailable even though the deadline for booking that seat is Saturday. The seat next to me was available so I booked that rather than bother with a phone call, even though I know it is usually occupied by a fellow ST holder. I will have no problem in moving if he wants to sit there, but it does highlight the inefficiencies of the current system.

Just to add to this. I had similar issues a couple of months ago and decided to drive down to the lane to sort it out as I was looking at being charged three times for the tickets I hadn’t got. Had a good long chat with Tim about it.
    As most things in life, boils down to cold hard cash. The Medoc deal was on the cheap when signed by the Trews due to the intertwined sponsorship deal. It runs out at the end of this season. Problem is the ‘going rate’ for other normal provides such as ticketmaster or creating their own stable platform is ten times what the renewal fee for the Medoc deal going forward will be. Even he admitted it was ****e and unusable, but even though it had been a priority of AH when he came in, it has slipped down the order a bit and Tim expected another deal with Medoc because they only want peanuts compared to the rest. Might be stuck with it I’m afraid. ��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast