+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Tickets Online - Systems Crashes

Buying Tickets Online - Systems Crashes

Tried buying a ticket for the Exeter game using the online system this morning.

First attempt - "checking availability" message just sat there for 10 minutes

Second attempt - entered my card details then "server error" - had it taken my money ?

Third attempt - "we are currently taking payment..."

So have I ordered no tickets, 2 tickets or 3 tickets ?

Had this been a new fan's first experience they may have given up and done something else instead.

I now have to wait to see if I get a confirmation email.

Not a great "user experience".

I've had the same problems and just dont bother trying anymore after a couple of bad experiences. If you ring Tim at the ticket office and explain he'll make sure you don't get overcharged, he's good at sorting it out. I can't understand why it's been like that for so long. It seems to work for some though.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Tried buying a ticket for the Exeter game using the online system this morning.

First attempt - "checking availability" message just sat there for 10 minutes

Second attempt - entered my card details then "server error" - had it taken my money ?

Third attempt - "we are currently taking payment..."

So have I ordered no tickets, 2 tickets or 3 tickets ?

Had this been a new fan's first experience they may have given up and done something else instead.

I now have to wait to see if I get a confirmation email.

Not a great "user experience".
    Might be worth checking your spam folder.

Easier to buy by telephone. Speak to Tim, order ticket, pay, pick up anytime until kick off.

Had the same problems think the system is very hit and miss and extremely frustrating.

Tried to book tickets for the Cup game and extra tickets for the Crewe match for my son and grandsons, it was like pulling teeth, also had problems when I wanted extra tickets for other matches in the past the system does not work correctly and needs sorting....

Because of the Crewe match offer I thought the system couldn't cope with the extra demand So I tried at 5.00am ( I'm an early raiser) eureka it worked....so set your alarms fellow pies

Sort it Notts..

Just bought tickets online for the next four games , wow , not sure what was more tiring , doing that or driving back from London last night. Almost felt like taking up smoking half way through.

ps , got a couple of Forest fans coming to the Crewe game and there more than happy paying only £2. Told them it would have to be a much better offer for me to cross the Trent.

I find it usually works ok - bought my ticket for the Crewe game a couple of days ago with no problem. But it does freeze up occasionally, usually just as I hit the button to complete the purchase.

I think that if you don’t get the confirmation email straight away, you can be pretty sure it hasn’t gone through and you need to do the whole process again, which is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I find it usually works ok - bought my ticket for the Crewe game a couple of days ago with no problem. But it does freeze up occasionally, usually just as I hit the button to complete the purchase.

I think that if you don’t get the confirmation email straight away, you can be pretty sure it hasn’t gone through and you need to do the whole process again, which is a pain.
    So it doesn't work fine then

Those of you whom are or have experienced issues with buying tickets online I hope you let the club / ticket office know.

The people in the Notts ticket office do a sterling job and unless they know about these issues or problems from as many people as possible who have experienced issues then they might not think anything is wrong. Also there is always room for continued improvement and as such bringing this to their attention will help everyone in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Those of you whom are or have experienced issues with buying tickets online I hope you let the club / ticket office know.

The people in the Notts ticket office do a sterling job and unless they know about these issues or problems from as many people as possible who have experienced issues then they might not think anything is wrong. Also there is always room for continued improvement and as such bringing this to their attention will help everyone in the long run.
    Just get everyone to tweet AH each time they have a problem.

Though hasn't he already said some time ago that this season fixing the system is out of his hands?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast