+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Three Degrees Statue

The Three Degrees Statue

Obviously now there is a groundswell for the completion of this project, however apart from the fact the thing is an ugly representation of three of the great servants of our Club, there is also a lot of (local) political shenanigans been going on regarding the paying of local taxpayers money into the project. I would hate it for a symbol of recognition to these players to be turned into a political points scoring match

I said my piece about the statue on an earlier thread. But with everything being with said just now I thought I would have another look at it. What struck me just now is just how poorly it shows the physical characteristics of Cyrille. He looks quite puny and no bigger than Laurie Cunningham. An honour to Regis, Cunningham and Batson is appropriate. But I think that Cyrille is deserving of one in his own right and at The Hawthorns. I do not think I have ever heard of a footballer receiving such universal praise and the subject of such genuine sorrow at his death. It would be remiss of Albion not to honour him in his own right. A statue of the man displaying his great strength and awesome physical attributes would seem fitting. I have seen loads of pictures over the last few hours that could serve as the basis for this. Come on Albion he deserves something that so many, not just Albion fans, can look upon and fully respect

It doesn’t seem a massive ask that the club pay for a statue of the 3 players given the cash washing around the Premier League. Add the fact that that era reflected very positively on us as a club both inside and outside the game as the last few days has shown.

This current statue will be like that Ted Bates monstrosity. When the wider public see it, it’ll end up being taken down and a new one put up. Hopefully the club will do what Saints did and pay the going rate second time around to get a decent likeness. .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)