+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's do it for Cyrille

Let's do it for Cyrille

I'm not into all the modern day hashtag rubbish such as #rogeredbymyscoutmaster but I do think the club/players/fans should use the sad passing of Big Cyrille as a catalyst to pull everyone together for the massive fight we have on our hands.

A montage of his greatest moments should be played before every match both to the fans and the players pre match.

A rampaging Regis can maybe even get Rondon to up his game and get Phillips to put to one side his "sicknote" type tag,maybe Chadli will actually raise a gallop as well.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I'm not into all the modern day hashtag rubbish such as #rogeredbymyscoutmaster but I do think the club/players/fans should use the sad passing of Big Cyrille as a catalyst to pull everyone together for the massive fight we have on our hands.

A montage of his greatest moments should be played before every match both to the fans and the players pre match.

A rampaging Regis can maybe even get Rondon to up his game and get Phillips to put to one side his "sicknote" type tag,maybe Chadli will actually raise a gallop as well.

Just a thought.
    No chance Mickd , players today not made from the same stuff as back in the day all they think about is money or their agents do it for them , greedy no loyalty except for a very few , & probably worst of all the majority have very little talent hence the mediocrity of the premiership except for the top few teams

I wouldn't hold my breath Mick, none of our players today would have got into the team Regis played in.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath Mick, none of our players today would have got into the team Regis played in.
    I'm staggered that you don't think McLean would get in ahead of Willie Johnston Des.

The phrase...."not fit to lace his boots" could never be more apt.

Well then those fans that can go and I know there is a good few from this board, should make it known to the players just how they feel with banners or songs of glory...I would imagine lots of them met Cyrille in the Hawthorns at some time or other and they will have been impressed because Cyrille was that sort of man.

Crank up the volume baggies...

Good post Mickd.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    No chance Mickd , players today not made from the same stuff as back in the day all they think about is money or their agents do it for them , greedy no loyalty except for a very few , & probably worst of all the majority have very little talent hence the mediocrity of the premiership except for the top few teams
    I think this is the reason Johnny why there has been the reaction there has to Cyrilles death. It’s not just a person has died, it’s yet another part of (for many) a better era where talent, loyalty and higher values have died.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I think this is the reason Johnny why there has been the reaction there has to Cyrilles death. It’s not just a person has died, it’s yet another part of (for many) a better era where talent, loyalty and higher values have died.
    Absolutely...... Stripes , money is the problem they get to much money 30 40 50 k + a WEEK it's obsurd ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Absolutely...... Stripes , money is the problem they get to much money 30 40 50 k + a WEEK it's obsurd ,
    I was reading about Ally Brown the other day. When he retired he became a pub Landlord in Aldridge, and ended up working in a warehouse. I guess He, and all of the other players of his era were born 30 years too soon.

Do you know what your dad got a week Jots and what would that equate to today? Remember, he was one of the leading goalscorers at the time and an England International.

Big Jeff went window cleaning before making it big as a singer with Frank Skinner.
    He used to turn up for matches in his van. Always had time for the fans as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)