+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it true!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Nothing should be said untill the player has signed on the dotted line.
    Why? All he said is we’re talking to a player and he would know Tuesday.
    If fans can’t handle the ‘suspense’ then stay off social media!

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Nothing should be said untill the player has signed on the dotted line.
    This is true. One thing we certainly learned from the Ray Trew era is that a hint or prediction about a new signing is interpreted as a promise by many supporters, for which the chairman is blamed when it doesn't materialise. The time to announce a new player is when he's signed, sealed and delivered. Of course, the person at the centre of the story then is the player, which may be why some chairmen like to trail the arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Why? All he said is we’re talking to a player and he would know Tuesday!
    No he didn't. He said "Only one if we get our man! Will know Tuesday" Talking too and trying to "get" our man are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    No he didn't. He said "Only one if we get our man! Will know Tuesday" Talking too and trying to "get" our man are completely different.
    Either way my point is the same. He hasn’t promised a signing so I don’t see what the problem is apart from some fans blow there load if it doesn’t happen.
    The alternative is to say absolutely nothing and fans moan the club are keeping fans in the dark or are doing nothing to try and sign players!
    I don’t care either way but just can’t understand why grown men get so hung up on these things and hang on every word!

Either way my point is the same. He hasn’t promised a signing so I don’t see what the problem is apart from some fans blow there load if it doesn’t happen.
    The alternative is to say absolutely nothing and fans moan the club are keeping fans in the dark or are doing nothing to try and sign players!
    I don’t care either way but just can’t understand why grown men get so hung up on these things and hang on every word!
    And neither can I.

'Sorry guys - only put up the post to lighten the mood - didn't want to start a war"

I love that film....Groundhog Day.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    that there is no announcement on the championship striker today?
    Perhaps , maybe ...?

the striker in question has turned us down ..............
    therefore there would be no great rush to pass on the information as there is nothing to report with regards him having signed !!!!!!
    just a thought ...x

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    'Sorry guys - only put up the post to lighten the mood - didn't want to start a war"
    You obviously haven't been on here long? One or two could start a war in an empty house

Agree completely.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast