+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it true!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Interesting use of the word “across”....from our red neighbours?

That’s the great thing about tweets, you can overanalyse them and read into them loads of things.
    Tw@tter in the wrong hands is a minefield of misinformation. AH has clarified that he meant "across the line" rather than "across the Trent". This is why top people have PR departments to handle communication. We were told AH was going to be a great communicator by Uncle Col but in fact what he appears to be is a noisy chatterer. Easy to see where "fake news" comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Tw@tter in the wrong hands is a minefield of misinformation. AH has clarified that he meant "across the line" rather than "across the Trent". This is why top people have PR departments to handle communication. We were told AH was going to be a great communicator by Uncle Col but in fact what he appears to be is a noisy chatterer. Easy to see where "fake news" comes from.
    Maybe, but folks that support our football teams do say "across the river" "across the line" no no, think it was bit of a slip by AH... Mind Johnny Cash did "Walk the Line"

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So why not just say "we have a number of strikers we are talking to.....the odds are 50~50, I will let you know"......why keep bigging it up for a certain day at a certain time?.....grrrrr
    This is exactly what he did, he said he would find out more on Monday or Tuesday this week, he never said that anything would be announced, it's not his fault people decided that meant that a player was 100% going to be announced on Monday or Tuesday

'Fake news' though in certain people's eyes appears to me to be when someone says something you'd rather not hear ...... you just say it's fake news and in your mind it's never happened!

AH never imo says that something is definitely going to happen. There are some though who read a possibility as a promise. I look at what he's saying but wait to see whether it happens before getting over-excited. He does imo share too much sometimes but I wouldn't hold that against him - he's only trying to keep the supporters onside with an optimistic outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'Fake news' though in certain people's eyes appears to me to be when someone says something you'd rather not hear ...... you just say it's fake news and in your mind it's never happened!

AH never imo says that something is definitely going to happen. There are some though who read a possibility as a promise. I look at what he's saying but wait to see whether it happens before getting over-excited. He does imo share too much sometimes but I wouldn't hold that against him - he's only trying to keep the supporters onside with an optimistic outlook.
    Some of "fake news" is simply down to allowing a misinterpretation and the off-the-cuff and brevity of Twitter lends itself readily to that.

If AH goes on, more than one tweet, that he will know something by Monday or Tuesday then surely be Wed he can say it did, or didn't happen, rather than leave folk hanging and wondering if it is not going to be Thu or Fri. "Dad, can I have a new bike?", "I'll let you know on Tue". (Wed) "Dad, which Tue?"

Note that he himself is very quick to criticise if things don't happen when or how he expects.

So communication means finishing the sentence and not leaving it

Some of "fake news" is simply down to allowing a misinterpretation and the off-the-cuff and brevity of Twitter lends itself readily to that.

If AH goes on, more than one tweet, that he will know something by Monday or Tuesday then surely be Wed he can say it did, or didn't happen, rather than leave folk hanging and wondering if it is not going to be Thu or Fri. "Dad, can I have a new bike?", "I'll let you know on Tue". (Wed) "Dad, which Tue?"

Note that he himself is very quick to criticise if things don't happen when or how he expects.

So communication means finishing the sentence and not leaving it
    It's a bit like the Trump situation though. Lots saying that people won't really care if the economy is doing well.

I'm not really bothered about AH's tweets when we're riding high in the league and mixing it with the Prem teams in the FA Cup. I'd rather have that than the 'We're signing a ...... striker' while languishing near the bottom of the league!

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    This is exactly what he did, he said he would find out more on Monday or Tuesday this week, he never said that anything would be announced, it's not his fault people decided that meant that a player was 100% going to be announced on Monday or Tuesday
    My apologies if I got it wrong, but I thought AH was asked how sure he was of getting his man....and his reply was 80% or 90%.....I have not checked all his tweets, but he may have said it was an 80% or 90% chance of getting a reply by Tuesday.....maybe this is where the confusion arose.

No worries, Yates is staying, hopefully Shola stays fit, Stead is starting to bag a few and Aless likes buzzing around the box, time to put a few past Exeter as we did at their place......COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    My apologies if I got it wrong, but I thought AH was asked how sure he was of getting his man....and his reply was 80% or 90%.....I have not checked all his tweets, but he may have said it was an 80% or 90% chance of getting a reply by Tuesday.....maybe this is where the confusion arose.
    Yes he expected to know himself by Tuesday. It may have been Green or Red but either way having said publically he would know there is some reasonable expectation that he would announce Green, Red or delayed.

No worries, Yates is staying
    Keep up at the back, I know you're behind in time but I thought it was a few hours not a few days.

Keep up at the back, I know you're behind in time but I thought it was a few hours not a few days.
    Oops, I meant Grant....these Forest loanees all look the same to me

L
    Most prob last week of the tranny window:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...layers-1089562

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast