+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds - Friends in High Places ...... No 'cos We Got the Rad !

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure I care about harmony, and as for "snide comments" please refer to the post above from BB who (along with a few others), seems incapable of responding to any of my posts without such, but hey ho, water/ducks back.

As for the "zzzzzzz" comment, I meant it quite sincerely. I know Mrs O has the respect of many who post here, and some of her posts are genuinely interesting. However it's the sheer length and breadth of what is posted (and I get accused of being "wordy"!), coupled with her own contribution to the "snide comment" volume that prompted my comment.

As an example, all the stuff about the Balkans and other Eastern European parts in the Branding thread, I mean, WTF?

Anyway, with due respect and acknowledging what you say, I think I'll carry on regardless and see how things pan out.
    I am fair to you and only ask how YOU formulate your view and opinions on Leeds and football.

I'm open to how I form my opinion and views and am sorry you find the facts boring that I share - don't read my comments .......... simples.
    For me I try to accommodate balance for formulation of opinion before expression.

1.I choose the subject or issue I feel the need to have an opinion about. ...
    2.I look at the process of forming an opinion as an internal argument with myself , a mental debate, so to speak. ...
    3.I learn about the subject. ...
    4.I talk to other people and get their opinions on the subject, and weigh the reasons they feel like they do....

5.Then I'll express it the best way I can for for whatever such opinion requirement.....

This whole thread was more about observations,encounters within football and global responses - views from fans,corporations and club owners all thrown in purely for interest and hopefully for folks to digest and have a better understanding of matters within the game which is now global and as such has a consequence on our club which is full of staff with multi-national ideas derived from cultural background of various history which all plays a part decision wise.
    Have a nice day.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure I care about harmony, and as for "snide comments" please refer to the post above from BB who (along with a few others), seems incapable of responding to any of my posts without such, but hey ho, water/ducks back.

As for the "zzzzzzz" comment, I meant it quite sincerely. I know Mrs O has the respect of many who post here, and some of her posts are genuinely interesting. However it's the sheer length and breadth of what is posted (and I get accused of being "wordy"!), coupled with her own contribution to the "snide comment" volume that prompted my comment.

As an example, all the stuff about the Balkans and other Eastern European parts in the Branding thread, I mean, WTF?

Anyway, with due respect and acknowledging what you say, I think I'll carry on regardless and see how things pan out.
    what you banging on about now??? i was replying to Mrs O´s interesting post, didnt even read yours, which is how i treat most of your stuff these days

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    what you banging on about now??? i was replying to Mrs O´s interesting post, didnt even read yours, which is how i treat most of your stuff these days
    It's so much second nature you don't even know you're doing it, sad really.

Read the 5th paragraph of you reply to Mrs O, prior to which both you and she was lyrical about the qualities of LS Lowry, sounding for all the world like a couple of right luvvies (the clue is the reference to "mindnumbingly boring diatribes", although pan calling kettle springs to mind).

Anyway, as I said, it's all water of ducks back, usually.

ah, i was refering to ALL your posts rather than anything particular.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    ah, i was refering to ALL your posts rather than anything particular.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    I am fair to you and only ask how YOU formulate your view and opinions on Leeds and football.

I'm open to how I form my opinion and views and am sorry you find the facts boring that I share - don't read my comments .......... simples.
    For me I try to accommodate balance for formulation of opinion before expression.

1.I choose the subject or issue I feel the need to have an opinion about. ...
    2.I look at the process of forming an opinion as an internal argument with myself , a mental debate, so to speak. ...
    3.I learn about the subject. ...
    4.I talk to other people and get their opinions on the subject, and weigh the reasons they feel like they do....

5.Then I'll express it the best way I can for for whatever such opinion requirement.....

This whole thread was more about observations,encounters within football and global responses - views from fans,corporations and club owners all thrown in purely for interest and hopefully for folks to digest and have a better understanding of matters within the game which is now global and as such has a consequence on our club which is full of staff with multi-national ideas derived from cultural background of various history which all plays a part decision wise.
    Have a nice day.

MOT
    I do the same Mrs O - then formulate he opinion that WTF is a w anker

Simples

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

Simples
    It's kind of sweet that I seem to have been able, through no effort on my part that I'm aware of, to get under the skin of you, WS, LeedsUtdMan, Jimmy, etc etc etc etc, and yet you continue to respond when I post, dichotomy, you think?

Of course, you could all stop responding, but then this place would be like some ghost town in the mid west, where the only thing happening is the tumbleweeds blowing back and forth.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

Simples
    Ditto 😂

WTF 11 rudely attacked me for mentioning my Balklans trip .............. one reason for that trip was to help various parties to firmly establish contacts.

Leeds this month signed a talented young'un Oliver Šarkić who is a Montenegrin U21 professional footballer who played for Benficas ranks.Hopefully like Alioski from Macedonia he'll also do well so there are obviously gems to be found in the Balklans - an area that Leeds now scout in ........... for the record.

To add an insight to anyone interested in what is happening 'football wise' in that part of the world feel free to read on.

The resurgence in Balkan teams at national level has also reignited the Balkan League debate. Bosnia & Herzegovina made their World Cup debut at the last tournament and also managed to reach the playoff stage for Euro 2016, as did Slovenia. Croatia and Albania went one better and qualified for the tournament.

Putting the security questions to one side such a League could be possible by the league’s exposure to television (hence my visit).As the league increases its popularity across the region it could also spread to Western Europe too. The Balkans has huge expatriate communities in Germany and Switzerland also the UK whom would likely take an interest. As BT Sport and Sky try to grab as many European leagues as possible in their quest for dominance of the UK airwaves, there could be a market for a Balkan League there too.Plenty of positives but alas negatives as there is also the presence of ultra political groups such as Dinamo Zagreb’s Bad Blue Boys and Red Star’s Delije, who need no excuse to renew hostilities over history and politics.Similar issues with Serbian and Croatian clubs too who've always been closely tied politically in their respective countries too. As community organisations all the Serbian clubs are theoretically speaking owned by the fans who have their voice in the club through the election of representatives in a club assembly. The assembly then elects a President who later on appoints the rest of the Board.

So a Balkan Super League would make sense as it would ensure greater competition within the top division and also keeps a widespread representation of countries within the top tier and entry to CL exposure.There would be greater interest from fans across a wider area, increase the league’s competitiveness and also maintain the commitment of TV companies and the opportunity for players to showcase skills which in turn would create new avenues of opportunity for such clubs like Leeds to maximise on recruitment wise - as I stated above the Radz has invested in the Balkan areas which suggests our owner long term is subtlety covering clever options developing following all leads available.................

MOT

'.... as I stated above the Radz has invested in the Balkan areas which suggests our owner long term is subtlety covering clever options developing following all leads available.................

MOT[/QUOTE]

Are you involved in doing that for him?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)