+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds - Friends in High Places ...... No 'cos We Got the Rad !

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Amanda Stavely is reputed to be interested in a takeover at ER......

That should please WTF11....
    Already asked for peoples comments, keep up.

As for the individual (and her backers) concerned, I don't have an opinion (strange huh?), although I'm interested in what others might say.

Strange also that when GFH acquired Leeds, hailing from a state with shall we say a somewhat "patchy" record on human rights etc etc etc, no-one complained, until the long-sought after arab millions/billions failed to appear.

Clubs are bought and sold by all manner of people, the fans are hardly ever considered, other than as cash cows that justify the purchase.

I find the comment by Mrs O regarding "looking after the next generation of Leeds fans too"...juxtapositioned with the article on ticket costs to be slightly less than credible, (given that it implies that Leeds as a club is doing the former, by charging "reasonable prices" for the latter). For the last few seasons, Leeds' ticket prices have been amongst the highest in the league, and on many occasions and not always for Cat A matches, higher than those charged by clubs in the mid-to-lower echelons of the Premiership.

The fact that Leeds away support is so strong, and that fans travel thousands of miles every season to attend ER, is a testament to the strength of the support they give to club. It is most definitely NOT reciprocated in the treatment of fans, but hey, football is a business, right?

Leeds has done well to encourage new 'young fans' as ST sales prove,also they are 'heavy' promotion wise within the young masses at Leeds uni and offer trips for kids from poorer backgrounds opportunities to attend home games on a regular basis - fact as I've been involved via FSF and my younger brother provides his mini-bus to help get those kids to the games FOC.
    You appear to suggest and state an opinion based on your age group requirement and Leeds try their best in many positive ways to accommodate all age groups of Leeds fans.
    As for our previous owners its on record I was not a fan of GFH.
    Away days works both ways ticket price wise and we are a 'pull' - end of.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Leeds has done well to encourage new 'young fans' as ST sales prove,also they are 'heavy' promotion wise within the young masses at Leeds uni and offer trips for kids from poorer backgrounds opportunities to attend home games on a regular basis - fact as I've been involved via FSF and my younger brother provides his mini-bus to help get those kids to the games FOC.
    You appear to suggest and state an opinion based on your age group requirement and Leeds try their best in many positive ways to accommodate all age groups of Leeds fans.
    As for our previous owners its on record I was not a fan of GFH.
    Away days works both ways ticket price wise and we are a 'pull' - end of.
    MOT
    Errm, ST sales are hardly those that reflect the interest of the next generation of Leeds supporters, since they (the next generation) don't (generally) have the available funds to purchase. (I'd be interested to see what the demographic of our ST community is, but I bet the majority are <35). Your brothers help is to be commended, but why doesn't the club subsidise, or even better, supply FOC, transport to get kids to the ground? Easy, because they know others will.

My point was about ticket prices and concessions thereon. Leeds have consistently charged more than the majority of championship clubs for all ticket types, and as I said, have also consistently charged more than some PL clubs, and often not even with the justification of a "big" game, they simply know that supporters will attend. To suggest the owners (over many years, so I'm not "having a go" just at Radrizzani) have done anything but exploit the loyalty of supporters, with little or no reciprocation, is just flying in the face of reality. Protestations of appreciation would be so much more believable if they were matched with actions (Kids for £1, as in what happens at Spam, for instance).

My opinion here relates to your suggestion that club cares for, and seeks to promote a healthy influx of new supporters, nothing to do with my age whatsoever. That being said, you assert that "Leeds try their best in many positive ways to accommodate all age groups of Leeds fans.". Name one.

And why do I support Leeds, given everything I have said, here and everywhere else I have posted? Simple, I love the club, which is why it hurts so damned much when I see what successive owners (this one included, for reasons all will be familiar with) have done with it.

If this really was a business like any other, there would be shareholders, and they would be able to hold the board responsible for their actions, rather than them being allowed to play at FIFA17 in the real world.
    Last edited by WTF11; 19-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.

I'm happy to laud the current Leeds regime in my capacity as a Leeds supporter,as a fans representative,as a researcher for any group wishing for an informed balanced opinion on matters Leeds United and as a football supporter in general I'll offer advice from all those prospectives but I'll not promote any ill informed opinions for any individual or group end of,as many will know.
    I take on board all opinions (even yours) but am not at liberty to furnish all facts at my disposal for obvious reason particularly at this moment in time of our clubs restructure - in time you'll hopefully see answers to your questioning which many see as negative at this moment in time.
    My remit is to create positive results for fans often out out of negative situations to which I try to do for all football fans especially Leeds United.
    MOT

I'm happy to laud the current Leeds regime in my capacity as a Leeds supporter,as a fans representative,as a researcher for any group wishing for an informed balanced opinion on matters Leeds United and as a football supporter in general I'll offer advice from all those prospectives but I'll not promote any ill informed opinions for any individual or group end of,as many will know.
    I take on board all opinions (even yours) but am not at liberty to furnish all facts at my disposal for obvious reason particularly at this moment in time of our clubs restructure - in time you'll hopefully see answers to your questioning which many see as negative at this moment in time.
    My remit is to create positive results for fans often out out of negative situations to which I try to do for all football fans especially Leeds United.
    MOT
    Out of interest which organisation gives you that remit?

MOT
    Your "remit"?

Ye've done it again Mrs O.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Ye've done it again Mrs O.
    Brings to mind George Orwell's suggestion - '“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.”

I'd like to think George would have bowed to Barry Gibb's even more profound 'It's only words, and words are all i have....'

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Out of interest which organisation gives you that remit?
    Jez - I'll help any supporter(s)/organisation(s) who require help through http://www.fanseurope.org/en/ an UEFA backed initiative.
    Whether that be via liaison or language translation to/for third parties.
    For your 'probing' point about which/any Organisation I may have/had a remit for/from then .............. Under Law there are certain circumstances in which a 'duty of confidentiality' exists. This duty of confidentiality refers to the idea that by law, information shared between clients is expected to be respected and not shared amongst outside parties without the consent of the client.

Your constructive views expressed have been noted and as a Leeds fan I enjoy reading all your opinions but as a Leeds fan I don't always agree with some of your opinions as likewise you disagree with mine but if my private opinion is asked for by a private third party or private organisation then that opinion of mine will be given.
    Every football club in Europe has an email contact officer who can forward fan concerns and sadly few fans use that channel so for effective communication individuals/organisations often use other avenues for considered opinion and as I'm multi linguistic I appear to have a purpose for such matters that may arise.
    Okay Jez.
    MOT

Jez - I'll help any supporter(s)/organisation(s) who require help through http://www.fanseurope.org/en/ an UEFA backed initiative.
    Whether that be via liaison or language translation to/for third parties.
    For your 'probing' point about which/any Organisation I may have/had a remit for/from then .............. Under Law there are certain circumstances in which a 'duty of confidentiality' exists. This duty of confidentiality refers to the idea that by law, information shared between clients is expected to be respected and not shared amongst outside parties without the consent of the client.

Your constructive views expressed have been noted and as a Leeds fan I enjoy reading all your opinions but as a Leeds fan I don't always agree with some of your opinions as likewise you disagree with mine but if my private opinion is asked for by a private third party or private organisation then that opinion of mine will be given.
    Every football club in Europe has an email contact officer who can forward fan concerns and sadly few fans use that channel so for effective communication individuals/organisations often use other avenues for considered opinion and as I'm multi linguistic I appear to have a purpose for such matters that may arise.
    Okay Jez.
    MOT
    Zzzzzzzzzźzzźzz

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)