+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ashley stays .deal off

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If he's allowed to get these 3 players in the Chron is on about I think he'll stay until the Summer.

Then he'll definitely go.

Wonder who PCP might end up actually buying.....
    will they buy anyone ?
    ever thought this might have been a publicity stunt
    thats two attemted buy outs she has failed to do

maybe there is a link

i actually think its a good move by ash to call it off and give rafa some money

if he kept waiting for stavely we may have not got anyone in

lets face it 300 mill for our club with the manager we have and the new tv money is not a lot
    if she has the money she says she has control off

the fans deserve to know !!!!!

You are having a ****ing laugh Ashley
    Iknow what we bloody deserve
    And it’s not you!

We deserve an owner who cares about the club and the fans
    Who will invest in the club

And treat people with respect!

And you walk away YOU not them

ALL YOUR FAULT
    Your decision

What about the 300 m bid last week!!
    That was a lie also wasn’t it

Cnut

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i actually think its a good move by ash to call it off and give rafa some money

if he kept waiting for stavely we may have not got anyone in

lets face it 300 mill for our club with the manager we have and the new tv money is not a lot
    if she has the money she says she has control off
    ummmmmm, pardon?
    We haven't got anyone in. How the f*ck do you blame being halfway through the transfer window with nothing to show for it on Stavely?

because ash was hoping she would buy and use her money

if he does get players in which he says we will
    it will make a few look stupid that that was his master plan from the start

this isnt the first time stavely has phecked a taeover up

Well thanks for telling us, Benny.

Silly old us...imagine us getting our hopes up.....
    Sorry but we know how this conniving Machiavellian **** works! He's done this before, smokescreen for no signings in January!

Rafa is gone at the end of the season.

I take no joy being right Zip. I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a tactic to get them back to the table with the offer he wants. but i fear it's just another exercise in public relations.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    because ash was hoping she would buy and use her money

if he does get players in which he says we will
    it will make a few look stupid that that was his master plan from the start

this isnt the first time stavely has phecked a taeover up
    She was involved in making the Manchester City deal happen. Good thing she isn't involved in our takeover..... joke. Your comments are so strange. Maybe Sherlock Holmes can come in and tell us how Ashley has done a good job?

Can't see Rafa staying beyond the Summer...and why would he?

Don't think he'll walk before then though.
    I think if he doesn't get the players he wants he'll walk and to be honest after being ****ed by Ashley again i wouldn't blame him.

If he gets some players in i think you're right he'll stay but that will be that and he'll go, again, wouldn't blame him.

Why can't Ashley get the **** out of our club, utter ****.

I think there are two kinds of people who buy football clubs. Type 1 are those with unlimited money who just want a hobby, have a bit of fun like Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour of Man City. They don't haggle too much about the asking price because another £50m or £100m is neither here nor there and once they have the club the only limit on transfer spend is FIFA Fair Play Rules. If Stavely was type 1 she'd have bought NUFC months ago and have ploughed in whatever it took in transfer money to keep us up.

But I think she's type 2, the canny investor who wants to make a profit on their investment and watches every penny she spends. Type 2 buyers don't really take you very far. Southampton and Crystal Place are examples. If or when Ashley sells I hope it's to someone who really is prepared to splash the cash. I'm not saying that Stavely wouldn't be an improvement on Ashley. There's no denying that our record under him has been very bad. But I don't buy the statements that she really has big plans for the club.

As for Ashley, believe it or not, I think he started out as type 1 because he bought without doing due diligence. Then I guess he realised that he couldn't compete with a lot of people even richer than he was. His big mistake, I think, which started the rot between him and the fans, was sacking Chris Hughton and replacing him with Pardew. He says now that this was a mistake but that doesn't change anything.

Of course, his latest statement may be just a way of trying to hike up the price but, as I say, I have my doubts bout Miss Stavely.

Looks like we certainly have dodged a bullet....well possibly anyway.

Anyone who thinks this club isn't worth what Ashley is asking needs to look at the ridiculous money market that masquerades as footballing deals for players.

He's asking for someone to play for a Neymar and a Coutinho and for that they get an entire football club that sits loud and proud in the city with one of the best stadiums in Europe with fans to match.

I'd say it's a snip and a joy for any owner with plenty of cash on the hip to afford the revamp and utter enjoyment of seeing it come to fruition by fighting on all fronts.

However, we seem to have a well dressed chancer trying to do a smash and grab, it appears.
    It's quite possible that Ashley saw through it all and as much as people thinks he hates the club, etc....look at it from this point of view.

People think he's doing it to hide from transfer dealing but if that's the case then why didn't he just string us all along until the window was about to close then pull this rabbit out of the bag about PCP?

By telling us now it still gives time for him to sanction deals.
    Let's wait and see.

All we can do is best guess whether you hate him or accept him for what he is and does.

All the bottom 10 owners needs to get out of their clubs to be fair because they're all inept and are destroying their clubs they own....right?

This has to be right because surely it can't be just us.
    The words "live to fight another day " is apt for us. Is it for many of the 10 I mention?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)