+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Barnsley F.C YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Have you got Barnsley 2-2 Sheffield Utd from 95-96 season and Barnsley beating Sunderland 4-0?(Not sure this was the score) and Barnsley 1-3 Grimsby. They were all sunday afternoon games in the early nineties. Think they were Goals on Sunday LIVE.

Proper football as I like to remember it
    Yes I have all of these

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Great them Kendray , am hoping to be up int loft next week or so , got loads of tapes up theer , Beta max n VS not sure how good they are ? Al be Iin touch soon , P S some are on long play , some on normal , don't kno if that effects your recordings at all ?
    Looking forward to having a look at these.
    If it makes it any easier my email is
    kendraytyke@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    Looking forward to having a look at these.
    If it makes it any easier my email is
    kendraytyke@gmail.com
    Got that Kendray thanks , sounds like al be up in loft this week I carnt remember if there is one suitcase or two up theer full of tapes, i only hope they are in good condition for you, they have been there years

Wouldn't it have been great to have all this youtube and every match covered in some form during our 4th division promotion campaign in 78/79 and that great side of the early 80's .

There's a sprinkling of it on youtube but hardly anything on the 78/79 team .

The final home game against Grimsby Town which drew a crowd of over 21k would be great to see again .

I seem to remember the 2-2 draw at Donny Rovers was covered by YTV in the september of that season when Ali Millar curled in one of his trade mark free kicks .

The YTV cameras were also there late on that season when we lost 3-0 at home to Rochdale , a shocking display and defeat .

The camera's couldn't keep away from Elland Road in those days either and by 1978 they were shyte and doing nowt in the old first division .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wouldn't it have been great to have all this youtube and every match covered in some form during our 4th division promotion campaign in 78/79 and that great side of the early 80's .

There's a sprinkling of it on youtube but hardly anything on the 78/79 team .

The final home game against Grimsby Town which drew a crowd of over 21k would be great to see again .

I seem to remember the 2-2 draw at Donny Rovers was covered by YTV in the september of that season when Ali Millar curled in one of his trade mark free kicks .

The YTV cameras were also there late on that season when we lost 3-0 at home to Rochdale , a shocking display and defeat .

The camera's couldn't keep away from Elland Road in those days either and by 1978 they were shyte and doing nowt in the old first division .
    Just been in about the Grimsby game on Twitter I know for a fact it was featured on the following days Football Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Got that Kendray thanks , sounds like al be up in loft this week I carnt remember if there is one suitcase or two up theer full of tapes, i only hope they are in good condition for you, they have been there years
    Hopefully two! Condition should be ok as long as the tape is ok they last for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    Just been in about the Grimsby game on Twitter I know for a fact it was featured on the following days Football Focus.
    Video recorders had just begun to appear in the shops around 78 but were still in their infancy really so whilst we may have had bits and bobs on calendar and look north not much really would have got recorded I guess .

The first video recorder in our house was bought in 81 because like Roma I had loads of tapes of our games and bits and bobs from around that period , sadly lost I'm afraid .

I also had about 10 scrapbooks full of promotion special supplements , general newspaper cuttings , old supporters club travel tickets you name it , all lost .

Real shame because with technology they would have made a great thread on here .

You don't realise at the time what these things mean to you years down the line and I should have looked after them .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 20-01-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Video recorders had just begun to appear in the shops around 78 but were still in their infancy really so whilst we may have had bits and bobs on calendar and look north not much really would have got recorded I guess .

The first video recorder in our house was bought in 81 because like Roma I had loads of tapes of our games and bits and bobs from around that period , sadly lost I'm afraid .

I also had about 10 scrapbooks full of promotion special supplements , general newspaper cuttings , old supporters club travel tickets you name it , all lost .

Real shame because with technology they would have made a great thread on here .

You don't realise at the time what these things mean to you years down the line and I should have looked after them .
    It happens I had a mate at work who was in his 70s would you belive and a massive Reds fan. He told me he used to save everything I asked him if I I could have a look at his stuff he said me I left it at me first wife's house when I left her!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A think that Sunderland game on live sunday YTV were 2 nowt mate. A distinctly remember a brilliant Wayne biggins free kick. We beat them 4 nowt in a midweeker the season after under Viv Anderson.
    A remember that sheff u 2 an all. We were 2 nil up cruising then Fleming got an injury that finished his career off and the blades came back with Nathan Blake rubbing it in grrrr
    Hey Ponty, hes not wrong here, everything he/Pass says is right lol.
    What a shame that was for Gary Fleming eh, he did indeed lose his career to that injury against the Blunts of all teams, and play was held up for at least 20 minutes wasnt it while he was treated.
    And I was there that night we thrashed Sunderland 4-0 and I couldnt help but laugh at hearing some of their fans say while they were walking away from the ground "f*ing 4-0, at f*ing Barnsley, absolutely f*ing disgusting/disgraceful etc..". Now doesnt that sound familiar eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Ponty, hes not wrong here, everything he/Pass says is right lol.
    What a shame that was for Gary Fleming eh, he did indeed lose his career to that injury against the Blunts of all teams, and play was held up for at least 20 minutes wasnt it while he was treated.
    And I was there that night we thrashed Sunderland 4-0 and I couldnt help but laugh at hearing some of their fans say while they were walking away from the ground "f*ing 4-0, at f*ing Barnsley, absolutely f*ing disgusting/disgraceful etc..". Now doesnt that sound familiar eh ?.

Am allus reight me kid

That 4 nowt were a reight match

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast