+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why now?

Why now?

I wonder if many are thinking, 'What a stupid time to come out with this announcement' like I am?

We are half way through the transfer window and he comes out with this statement that could really derail everything, the manager could walk, supporters hoy their ST's in as there is two weeks left for decisions to be made etc. Is that what he wants?

Is he just gambling AGAIN and genuinely couldn't give a flying one which division we are in, and is even willing to lose £150m + in likely value of the club to put us as fans/Rafa in our place or just to get his 'thrill' for the next 4 months?

Is he that worried about our situation that he is thinking feck it I need to take control of this and guarantee the club stays in the Prem by making a decent amount of money available to spend, then re look at a sale in the summer?

If some or all of the above is the case why say at the end of the statement that it was a waste of time, as that is belittling Staveley and PCP, the only viable bid that has come in, or so we are led to believe?

The problem is you just cant second guess him and the club is just a second thought to him.

we, as fans, overthink everything.

he honestly doesn't give a Phuck.

the value of the club dropping, would only matter if he was selling, he isn't.

St James park is the corporate venue for sports direct.

he owns that. he gets all his advertising. he's a happy man.

I think he's testing the water, if someone is daft enough to pay him a ridiculous amount, he'll sell. If they won't, he's quite happy to carry on.

He's done this before !

Maybe he is just thinking if we can stay up they'll pay £300m with £100m coming in this summer etc. That would give him a £35m profit where as he would be making a £14m loss if he took the £250m reportedly offered and he isnt going to do that as he would no doubt feel he had been shown up, and he literally couldnt do that. Its his narcissistic personality.

Im trying to stay positive, I'm clutching at straws I know.

It's the hope we'd get rid of him that is hurting me the most.

Utter ****.

Cause he's a ****ing idiot .I am totally in shock as to how he became so wealthy

he sent the message to the fans, in retaliation to the chant of when ashley sells we're having a party.

tit for tat as far as he;s concerned

The phrase 'petulant little child' comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    The phrase 'petulant little child' comes to mind.
    I'd go with ****ing ****ing arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I'd go with ****ing ****ing arsehole
    i could go with that too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)