+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I had a dilemma....

I had a dilemma....

.... not any more though.

There is no need for you to tell them before the end of Jan. They say there is but loads did it in May the last time we went down and they did feck all. If things go t1ts up and we do go down with no hope of a sale there will be thousands stopping their D/Ds in May. The club couldn't do anything. If you have a family ST in Level 7 I would think its relatively cheap? You may lose a bit of money (obviously I don't know your finances) but if you can afford it I would hold off. If it is a smokescreen from the FCB you may just regret it. I know that's the dilemma, but i'd wait if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    .... not any more though.
    I totally respect your decision.

It's every persons right to stay away.
    Nobody is forced to go to a match and nobody is forced to buy a season ticket.

There will be a good amount who will not renew their season tickets I would imagine.
    I'd hazard a guess that some might even deflect to other teams.

I'll continue to go with my son and co but I'll admit I'm not enjoying the football on offer and i get frustrated.
    Mick won't give up his season ticket.....I just know it.

I know you're frustrated Mick and I understand the fuming mindset of wanting to scream and throw everything in the bin but we've been through a hell of a lot worse than this and will see a hell of a lot better and probably worse again....etc.

The owner doesn't make the club and nor do the players.
    They are all furniture for the period of time just like we are the decorations around it for our period of time.

The margin for a crisis or a calm or a success to a fail is the breadth of a hair in terms of what can be deemed success or failure.

Finishing 17th and getting to a cup final......success or failure?
    Getting relegated and coming back as champions. Failure and then success?

Fighting for promotion or watching a premier team fighting against relegation. Which one will be success if reached?

Fine lines and a mixture of all kinds of head mashing if's and but's and why's and wherefores with up's and down's to the good the bad and the ugly that doesn't necessarily play out evenly.

All part of being what you are and what many of us are. Newcastle United daft but proud to be a fan through thick and thin, even in the ever changing monstrosity that football has become.

I'm willing to put a sportsmans bet on with you Mick that you will carry on going.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 17-01-2018 at 01:33 AM.

I've already told my son's this is it and I've already emailed the club to cancel my subscription.

I'm also not prepared to wait until the summer, because having 3 tickets to pay for, I'm not willing to pay 3 or 4 months payments before cancelling.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)