+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Martin available for loan. Gerrin theear Chien.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    You need to cut Chien Lee some slack then mi' old
    "Chien Watch" is ***** to democracy. It provides a healthy balance to the unquestionning adulation he is showered with. Tha nivva knows a might be reyt. Time will tell. "Ah Christopher Columbus ! You are back. Where have you been ?"

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo told when Big Chien wo tekkin ovva that wunna the reasons I shud welcome him wo that we cud then affooard to bring in mooar experienced, better quality players. £600,000 until June is peanuts to Chien. He probably meks mooar than that in interest in a day.

I think you'll find I said it may give us a better chance of keeping our better players and hopefully build something rather than sell them when the team is 7th in the league halfway through the season .

It would appear the signing of Moore on a fairly competitive contract is possibly a step in that direction .

It seems our HC is thinking along those lines too if what I read recently is true .

He wants to start building a competitive team too and challenge the bigger clubs rather than sell our top talent to them .

Seems a very heated meeting took place in the summer over the club's policy , reading between the lines the sale of Roberts may have been the cause of it , the previous owner later admitted it was a regrettable sale .

The new ownership haven't promised anything here with regard to spending vast amounts of money on players , we won't be seeing box office signings and we can at least find comfort in the fact there are no monstrous lies or spin getting fed to the support .

Progress with care is my read on it .

I think things will improve when we reach the do or die point in the season (February). We'll have to go out and try and beat teams. This will play to the strengths of Hammill, Mallan and Moncur especially.

It's not fair on Moore to be pinning our hopes of avoiding relegation on him. We need two or three experienced dogs of war in asap and Big Chien is the man I am looking to get that sorted.

Looking backwards is not the answer.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-01-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Azzav sed to Animal commenting on the Patrick Cryne era is looking backwards and it's time to thank him and move on. I'm a "looking forrad with optimism" kinda guy, not wun to dwell on the past.
    Doesn't square with your post though does it?

Didn't seem to be optimistic to me SB

Look back to learn the lessons of history

We should have about 20 million in the war chest left from PC or has the chest been put on the slow boat to China

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    We should have about 20 million in the war chest left from PC or has the chest been put on the slow boat to China
    Now there's a question !!!!

It's all gooin ovva old ground yet again Animal and Ziles. Cryne this, Cryne that.

Join me and look to what may or may not happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    We don't know what was in the "war chest" [assets in the bank]
    But if it was £20 mill & the club sold for £20 mill then Chien effectively got the club for nowt
    I don't think so but we will not find out for over a year when the accounts are made public [he said laughingly] but if we dare to question we will be looking back
    My belief is the assets will be no more than 4 or 5 £mill

Sounds like Chris Martin has some baggage thats putting clubs off him,
    we made a number of enquiries about him when he was young lad at Norwich,
    Last season he came back here playing in a Fulham team which gave us a reyt runaround ( best visiting side for years ) he bullied our defence and didn't give them any peace all afternoon , The type of Striker I would like here ? Yes but not on that money and all the alledged troubles he would bring

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast