+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Martin available for loan. Gerrin theear Chien.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's not fair on Moore to be pinning our hopes of avoiding relegation on him. We need two or three experienced dogs of war in asap and Big Chien is the man I am looking to get that sorted.

Looking backwards is not the answer.
    I agree with the sentiment regarding Kieffer Moore SBRed. I just think instead of trying to contain teams we need to start attacking to get the points needed to preserve our Championship status. Drawin 0-0 isn't going to keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Sounds like Chris Martin has some baggage thats putting clubs off him,
    we made a number of enquiries about him when he was young lad at Norwich,
    Last season he came back here playing in a Fulham team which gave us a reyt runaround ( best visiting side for years ) he bullied our defence and didn't give them any peace all afternoon , The type of Striker I would like here ? Yes but not on that money and all the alledged troubles he would bring
    I don't think he'd come here anyway Roma. However, if he did. It would be impressive. He's very Ashley Wardesque.
    Last edited by Ponte_Steve24; 17-01-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Azzav sed to Animal commenting on the Patrick Cryne era is looking backwards and it's time to thank him and move on. I'm a "looking forrad with optimism" kinda guy, not wun to dwell on the past.

Tactic to avoid answering the questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I agree with the sentiment regarding Kieffer Moore SBRed. I just think instead of trying to contain teams we need to start attacking to get the points needed to preserve our Championship status. Drawin 0-0 isn't going to keep us up.
    Don't think it's going to happen steve , we will chance our arm with the present policy and hope it comes off .

The back four starting to take shape and perform with clean sheets gives me hope that we can get out of Dodge .

The policy makers and recruitment team will point to the unearthing of Pinnock , Lindsay and Cavare to strengthen their argument .

I maybe different to other posters on here but I find as much joy in seeing a rock solid defence and clean sheets as I do 3 or 4 goals getting scored .

Keeganesque football doesn't do it for me , give me the Arsenal back four any day of the week , they won trophies , Keegan won feck all .

Yes we need the offensive side to start to bear fruit because as you say 0-0's won't keep us up .

Patience steve , it's a marathon not a sprint .

Chien and the Gang ev enuff brass to bail art Corillian.

The shunt be fleecing poverty-stricken owd fellas like me. Nar that Chien is a reyt fan he should do what fan Dean Hoyle azdun at Huddersfield where next season's ST's forran adult arararnd £200. A read iz wanting me to turn up an hour earlier to ev some minimum wage lass bring a burger and fizzy Coke to mi seeat av ed to ring up to order and then sit watching some flashing electronic Chinese writing on the perimeter of the pitch. Match experience my arse.
    Change is always a difficult thing to accept , human's are naturally suspicious of it and none more so than around these parts .

I could also offer up the older generation angle of which I'm heading towards a fully paid up membership myself .

The days of pyssing behind the Brewery Stand and returning to watch Alan Little crunch some opposition opponent into the perimeter wall are long gone .

Patrick Cryne didn't run the club like John Dennis and John Dennis didn't in turn run the business like Joe Richards in the 50's .

It's called evolution , adapting the needs of the business to be able to compete effectively in the present and future environments .

Half time draws and reds centenary tickets no longer finance the championship clubs of today , it is what it is .

The more money a club can generate obviously gives it a better platform to succeed , finance is king and nostalgia brings in nothing .

BFC and the capitalist model wouldn't be my choice , unfortunately that policy is a decision that was made for me , there wasn't a vote given to the supporters because it's not existed as a fan / shareholder model since 2003 , it's not our club to have the right to vote other than an emotional attachment , which counts for zilch .

So personally the best way for myself to adapt and keep on handing my money over is to do a little trading with the devil and think to myself that without evolution I'd have to settle for two or three nil defeats at home to Rochdale , Bury and Accrington Stanley and pyssing at half time behind the Brewery Stand wasn't all that great really thinking back .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Tactic to avoid answering the questions
    I've answered them put in different guises so many times in the past Ziles that you ought to look back and quote some of my answers.
    You,and some others, need to accept that having a different view to yourself is permissible and healthy.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

I've answered them put in different guises so many times in the past Ziles that you ought to look back and quote some of my answers.
    You,and some others, need to accept that having a different view to yourself is permissible and healthy.
    Nobody as far as I'm aware have attempted to deny you the right to your view SB .

I sincerely hope we are not going down the route of Acido territory , where getting challenged on your view isn't something you particularly enhance and call foul play .

I'd like to think we are above such things .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nobody as far as I'm aware have attempted to deny you the right to your view SB .

I sincerely hope we are not going down the route of Acido territory , where getting challenged on your view isn't something you particularly enhance and call foul play .

I'd like to think we are above such things .
    Not sure why there is an attack on Acido here but I think I have respectfully answered all the "challenges", and there have been many, on my views of the takeover and Patrick Cryne without calling foul play. But when asked the same stuff over and over again I grow weary. When the fun stops, stop.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Not sure why there is an attack on Acido here but I think I have respectfully answered all the "challenges", and there have been many, on my views of the takeover and Patrick Cryne without calling foul play. But when asked the same stuff over and over again I grow weary. When the fun stops, stop.

Acido plays the right to free speech card when he's having his saturday night hissy fit regarding the merits of our HC .

When he's challenged he calls foul play and insists we leave him alone to air his views unchallenged or words to that effect .

I'm just offering we could be heading into similar territory .

Hopefully not .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast