+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham

Fulham

I had a sneaky feeling for Fulham as an outside chance for promotion at the beginning of the season. At times against us they looked one of the best sides I've seen in the Championship.

They have quietly crept in to contention sitting one point outside the play offs and are rumoured to be looking at Dwight Gayle for 15m. Good man in charge too.

Next four games are Burton, Bolton, Barnsley and Forest after which they could be looking very handy.

But and there is always a but...

The following 5 fixtures after that might tell us more

Villa, Wolves, Bristol City, Sheff Utd and Derby

If they remain in the top 6 after that run of games we've another team to take in to consideration.

Thoughts?

They look odds on to continue their good form for 4 games but the 5 after that..... very difficult for them. To be up there they would need 18 points from the 9 games, and possibly more. 12 from the first 4 and 2 wins from the 5.....

If they do that or better then watch out as they will be on a roll. Having said that, there are no easy games in this League.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    They look odds on to continue their good form for 4 games but the 5 after that..... very difficult for them. To be up there they would need 18 points from the 9 games, and possibly more. 12 from the first 4 and 2 wins from the 5.....

If they do that or better then watch out as they will be on a roll. Having said that, there are no easy games in this League.....
    Agree. As good as our run has been and it has been good the team in 11th is only about 10pts adrift of us.

Whether it's relegation or play off/promotion practically every side has something to play for.

The way I see it is...Wolves won’t be caught. The other automatic place is between Us, Cardiff, Villa and Bristol City although if - and I know it’s a big if - we win on Friday night the gap between us and Bristol will be a very healthy eight points.
    Think PNE are probably over achieving, so the other four who threaten the play offs are, imo, Sheffield Utd, Leeds, Boro’ and, I agree, Fulham. They’re in a decent position and there are signs of intent.
    Be very surprised if anyone outside the current top nine poses a genuine late threat but Fulham, especially with the likely addition of at least eight points from their next four fixtures, are one to watch.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-01-2018 at 10:03 AM.

They are a very good side, just missing a decent striker IMO. Expect them to be challenging.

Manx yes your right about Fulham very good side the sorted their defence out now If thy hang on to Sessonyong and Fredericks they will be a danger to anybody in this division I also fancy Brentford very good side Afraid some of our fans are getting ahead of themselves a long way to go there are no gimmies in the Championship

Agree with everything said. As usual the Championship is throwing up all sorts of possibilities. It just takes a good run and suddenly you're in the mix!! Gayle will get goals in this league like Vydra so Fulham could easily challenge! Let's hope we've not had our run!! Gonna get exciting....

Its intriguing, and perhaps typical of Derby supporters, and the way we have been let down by the team in the last 10 years, that we now fear shadows, and indeed shadows lurking in the shadows.

Be confident - we are playing well and we have got ourselves into a good position by doing that. We should fear no-one - they should fear us. Yes Fulham are an OK side, there are a lot of halfway decent teams in the championship, but it doesn't matter how they play as long as we keep on winning (or avoiding defeat). Lets focus on our game and stop worrying about the other contenders - if we keep winning they will fall away naturally. Cardiff are an indifferent team who have lost 4 of last 5 and we still have to play them at home; if we beat Bristol City (themselves on a 5 game losing streak) at home they will be 8 points behind us. of the rest, we play Fulham, Leeds and Middlesbrough at home. So let them worry about us, not the other way round.

There you go, an uncharacteristically positive post but its a new year.

Again I agree with all comments made but would add that whilst we play the above mentioned sides at home I still believe we are a better away team. Not lost in the league on our travels since Bristol City away.

Roger where do you get Bristol are on a 5game losing streak theve beaten Reading and ManU Yes they could go 8 points behind them if we win but only 2 if they win I will settle for a point before we play them the reason being they are a better team than us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)