+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Fern

Only just seen this very sad. Shocked how much this terrible news has affected me.

When I saw the thread title I feared the worst, despite it not saying RIP

Just thought, Oh No, No. then had my fears confirmed.

Anyway, condolences to the family and RIP Rod, you where a pleasure to see and I count myself very fortunate to have had the opportunity to do that many times
    Thanks for the memories.

He was indeed a class act and thoroughly decent man - he's sadly gone, but the memories will always remain. What I'd give for a player with his skill, humility and application now. Great memories Rod - very moving tributes on here from all quarters. Moving article (see link) from Leicester Mercury

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sp...triker-1077370
    Last edited by sawmiller; 17-01-2018 at 10:34 PM.

I was talking to John Breckin a few months ago and he said Rod was really struggling.

What a fantastic player he was.

I'll never forget Carlisle away, we clinched promotion that day.

Nice that Tykes are paying tribute, we played them in the next game on the Tuesday. A boring 0-0.

R.I.P. Rodney Fern, a true genuine Millers legend.

Very sad news that Rod has passed away. We share some great memories of the great man.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I don’t think anyone can say anymore about the man.

A very sad loss indeed. Thank you Rod for the memories that I still recall.

My sincere condolences to his family at this troubled time ❤️

We always have a minutes applause/silence for ex millers, this one won’t be any different

And not forgetting John McGlashan....

Two great players who have passed away in the same week with the same initials R.F., Rod Fern a millers legend,and Ray France a local player at junior level, i played alongside Ray for Rotherham United supporters club in the 1970s but not quite good enough to play with Rod (if only). They both had something in common...they knew weer onion bag wor. R.I.P.

Oh my word, Ray France as well in the same week. I played in the same team as Ray a few times but played against him even more. He was a sod to mark and I always had some argy bargy with him, but we always shook hands and laughed afterwards.

RIP Ray.

My first memory of Rod was as an opponent, when the Millers played Leicester in the FA cup of1968. The game is on you tube. His goal against Plymouth, i have replayed many times in my head. It is the most iconic moment for me in 50 years of following the team.
    Sad also to hear from Sota about our old soccer foe, Ray France. A fantastic guy, and no mean footballer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast