+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could dee dar or should dee dar do...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Could dee dar or should dee dar do...

...local managers a favour when it comes to controversial interviews like the Darren Ferguson one. Apparently he has been fined £1000 for his "shoot the refs" comment. Assuming it wasn't live ,which i don't think it was,. it could be argued they should have censored it themselves and not bothered broadcasting that bit and saved him the subsequent disciplinary. I suppose though certain issues should not be censored and perpetrators would deserve everything they get. In this case, myself. though not particularly being a fan of all things ferguson, I would have not broadcast it.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.

I'm surprised it was only £1000. No touch line ban or community service? He got off lightly I recon and the reporter would have been crapping himself when he met Fergison again

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...local managers a favour when it comes to controversial interviews like the Darren Ferguson one. Apparently he has been fined £1000 for his "shoot the refs" comment. Assuming it wasn't live ,which i don't think it was,. it could be argued they should have censored it themselves and not bothered broadcasting that bit and saved him the subsequent disciplinary. I suppose though certain issues should not be censored and perperrators would deserve everything they get. In this case, myself. though not particularly being a fan of the fergie offspring, I would have not broadcast it.
    I am not sure whether this broadcast was live, but many of Radio Sheffield's broadcasts are usually done fairly quickly after the game. This is at a time when emotions are high and when managers feel that all their hard work has been destroyed by bad decision making from the officials. Plus you have to remember that to Radio Sheff this is broadcast gold, so while probably shocked at what he said there was no way they were going to cut the interview. quite rightly in my opinion.

As for the FA, I think they ought to take a long hard look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I am not sure whether this broadcast was live, but many of Radio Sheffield's broadcasts are usually done fairly quickly after the game. This is at a time when emotions are high and when managers feel that all their hard work has been destroyed by bad decision making from the officials. Plus you have to remember that to Radio Sheff this is broadcast gold, so while probably shocked at what he said there was no way they were going to cut the interview. quite rightly in my opinion.

As for the FA, I think they ought to take a long hard look at themselves.

If all the crap stuff was edited out of Radio Deedahs broadcasts folks would be listening to static

Even that would be better than the “bore spot” called an interview with the Owls manager, the new bloke is more boring than that Carvalhalalalal fella they ditched.

They'd have sold the interview to other radio stations and Channel 5. As Scorefu said 'broadcasting gold'

True if you take out Brian the miller and Brian the blade there aint a lot left.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    True if you take out Brian the miller and Brian the blade there aint a lot left.
    Your not suggesting a professional "hit" on the two Brian's are you Roly?

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Your not suggesting a professional "hit" on the two Brian's are you Roly?
    "Mester McCabe" must have been tempted in Brian the Blade's case...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    "Mester McCabe" must have been tempted in Brian the Blade's case...
    Believe you me, he will have.......

Deserved to get more than that IMO.

Any manager or his players who haven't made mistakes in a game doesn't exist.

And they get very well paid for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast