+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Fern

Saddening indeed so very sorry to hear this. Some good tribute ideas 😔

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    Sad to hear the news. He was central to what was possibly the happiest times for while I have been watching the Millers 1967 onward. I knew he was suffering from Alzheimer/ dementia, so not completely a surprised. So many memories, especially from 81. He looked much older than he actually was; Didn't cover every blade of grass, but had a bit of class and quality about him. I'm sure he would he would have been a top division player,. had he not had long term injuries when he was younger.
    He was a top division player, with both Leicester and Luton

Another sad loss , Respect and much admiration from me, A rival player who was a pleasure to have seen ,
    RIP Mr Rodney Fearn , a proper footballer ,

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    He was a top division player, with both Leicester and Luton
    I know he was in the cup final with Leicester (In the first division). I think he would have played, at an higher level, all his career, if not for injury

Shocked to hear this very sad news,Rod was a very good footballer and from what i've been told he was a classy fella off the pitch also.RIP Rod.UTCB

R.I.P.Rod, class act up to end always be a Miller.

The greatest opposition accolade you can receive from fans of BFC is to have a song made up about you .

We don't make songs up about poor opposition players , there wasn't one player from Wendy who warranted it at the time .

The Millers on the other hand had two , the famous Ronnie Moore number and Rodney Fern .

All together now one last time .

" weve got more hair than you "

" Rodney Fern .....Rodney Fern "'

Terrible news. One of my all time favourites was Rod. A class player and a class bloke. He'd often score the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win, mostly away I think.

RIP Rod.

I remember taking my cousin who is a Leeds fan to a fairly dour game which had nil - nil written all over.

My cousin spent a great part of the 2nd half questioning what Rod was doing on the pitch and what he actually brought to the team.

Then all of a sudden bam the one moment of class as he headed the ball into the net at the Tivoli End and settled the game 1 - 0 to the Millers.

I just grinned at my cousin and said that's why Rod's in the team cos he's always likely to do that.

Thanks for the memories Rod and R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Millersince75 View Post
    what about a minutes applause for him sat . rip rod
    Great idea, hope its done..super super player..it was a great all round team but he was a bit special in the way he made the ball do the work.. i doubt we'll ever get a player like that again..i was inspired every time he played i remember emlyn hughes saying that he couldnt believe how good rod was...one chance 1 - 0..
    R.I.P ROD..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast