+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o/t Oprah's speech

o/t Oprah's speech

I am amazed that Oprah's golden globes speech didn't get a mention on this board.

I have just listened to the speech and can't believe how dishonest, manipulative, unoriginal and self-promoting this speech was.

The speech was labelled brave? Really? How brave its it to talk to a room full of millionaires who in the current climate daren't do anything but agree with Oprah's views ? What would've been brave was to comment on many of the nonsensical harassment claims.

Just how racist and ***ist is the USA today, a society which Oprah (sometimes dubbed the most powerful woman in the world) accumulated 3billion?

Is it possible that someone who owns large chunks of the media never heard a whisper about Weinstein? If so why not report it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am amazed that Oprah's golden globes speech didn't get a mention on this board
    I'm not particularly amazed, as this is supposed to be a football website! I'm amazed that you are amazed....
    Hi, Kempo... Name:  zfish2a.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  13.4 KB

It is being touted that she's going to stand for office at the next presidential elections.

Funny how she gets people to open up on her shows when they've gone there to open up.

She gets power and attention because idiots watch her show giving her a platform to speak and to tout her bile. Just like idiots watch Jeremy Kyle . Typical of black America these days just like when Will smith said he wasn't going to the Oscars because there was no black nominees.. Nothing to do with race, there was no good black orientated films that year which was proven .Make a good film and get the respect, you have to earn it. Almost as bad as Kayne West rant at Taylor swift when she received her award .Its not just black people it people like Lily Allen who think there entitled to pipe up with *******s because "iam a millionaire" Too many people have platforms to speak and they use them to gain there own agendas Noel Gallagher's starting to do it now as well quote like "i have earn't millions and you will never get as much money as me" I will never have **** eye brows like you as will you **** . Switch them off don't reply to them and watch them go away.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am amazed that Oprah's golden globes speech didn't get a mention on this board.

I have just listened to the speech and can't believe how dishonest, manipulative, unoriginal and self-promoting this speech was.

The speech was labelled brave? Really? How brave its it to talk to a room full of millionaires who in the current climate daren't do anything but agree with Oprah's views ? What would've been brave was to comment on many of the nonsensical harassment claims.

Just how racist and ***ist is the USA today, a society which Oprah (sometimes dubbed the most powerful woman in the world) accumulated 3billion?

Is it possible that someone who owns large chunks of the media never heard a whisper about Weinstein? If so why not report it?
    Worse than that she's actually a friend of Weinstein's.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Worse than that she's actually a friend of Weinstein's.
    Yes there are a few recent pictures of Oprah snuggling up to Harvey on the internet.