+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gordon Wills RIP

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The fencing was replaced by the wall/steel bars around the time Lawton became manager in '57.
    That is correct. If you look at other pictures more closely, what appears to be a wall is fencing (you can just make out the gaps between the pails). I can well remember being lifted over the fence with the other young 'uns at times and squatting on the cinder running track to watch a game.

Sad news RIP Gordon,remember the above game well but don't remember the snow on the pitch,it was of course the cup game against Chelsea the year they were champions 40000 crowd to be followed up by the 47000 against York.The picket fence was around the ground but at this time to be followed as said by the low wall and steel bars.My hero Ron Wylie is still going bless him....Once again RIP Gordon and thanks for the memoirs......

Quote Originally Posted by downunderpie View Post
    Sad news RIP Gordon,remember the above game well but don't remember the snow on the pitch,it was of course the cup game against Chelsea the year they were champions 40000 crowd to be followed up by the 47000 against York.The picket fence was around the ground but at this time to be followed as said by the low wall and steel bars.My hero Ron Wylie is still going bless him....Once again RIP Gordon and thanks for the memoirs......
    Seconded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12