+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D'ya think he'll walk?

D'ya think he'll walk?

Personally, I think Rafa will stay and try to keep us up. I'm not worried about him leaving right now, but it's a different case when it comes to the summer. If the club isn't sold fairly quickly within the summer window, why would he put up with another season of highly limited budgets, highly limited general player quality, and no sign of prospering?

I wouldn't blame him if he did leave - I say he has a maximum of 10 years left in his career as a top manager. Why would he waste his time with Ashley? Mind you, I'd admire him for staying, even if it's going to be another relegation dog fight and 1-0's next season, that's if we're not relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Personally, I think Rafa will stay and try to keep us up. I'm not worried about him leaving right now, but it's a different case when it comes to the summer. If the club isn't sold fairly quickly within the summer window, why would he put up with another season of highly limited budgets, highly limited general player quality, and no sign of prospering?

I wouldn't blame him if he did leave - I say he has a maximum of 10 years left in his career as a top manager. Why would he waste his time with Ashley? Mind you, I'd admire him for staying, even if it's going to be another relegation dog fight and 1-0's next season, that's if we're not relegated.
    If he stays to the end of the season it's because of his loyalty to the fans, nothing else. If it is sold who knows, depends who wants to buy this mess of a club.

He might, well depending on what happens this month, walk after the transfer period, I suspect the majority of the fans would not blame him.

Sorry saga that beggars belief. This vale of secrecy is a nonsense, it's football not a situation that is in the National Interest so nothing can be said. Oops was about to start a rant!

I think there are two ways Rafa would walk.

1) If we don't sign anyone in January
    2) If the club doesn't sell before the summer transfer window.

It's safe to assume that Rafa is done with Mike Ashley. Right now, he's here as a commitment to the fans.
    If there are no reinforcements brought into the club this window, it'll most likely be the final nail in the coffin. I can see him leaving before the end of the season. Either way, Rafa won't be our manager next season if Fat Mike is our owner.

I think he will stay, as previously mentioned through loyalty to the fans, nobody else. Just a thought though, he will not want a relegation on his CV,so he could well leave at the end of this window,and I personally wouldn't blame him one bit.He must surely be as pissed off as us!

I think Rafa is a man of integrity and will stay till the end of the season and then pull the plug.

if be amazed if Rafa is still manager for our next home game.

if he is still here when we play Burnley, then he will leave at the end of the season (whether we stay up or go down).

He'll stay till the end of the season, then he'll be glad to see the back of fatso and fatso will be glad to see the back of him.

Fatso will then appoint a nice compliant Pardew type.

rafa was fully aware of the situation regards the take over
    believe me
    he is as pissed of with stavely as mike is

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    rafa was fully aware of the situation regards the take over
    believe me
    he is as pissed of with stavely as mike is
    It's better than reading the funnies...

brace yourselves for Mark Hughes!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)