+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Hecky believed in...

If Hecky believed in...

Number tens. Would Mowatt have got a proper run out along with Mallan and Moncur? I say this because Mowatt, Moncur and Mallan haven't been played in their favoured positions in behind the striker(s).

If we were to lose these players permanently would it be a waste of money in Mowatt's case not at least seeing him in his favoured position, with a run of games before he is disregarded permanently?

Why if we're playing Moncur with two holding midfielders isn't he allowed to express his talents in a free role?

If reports are true. Why hasn't Mallan been played until recently? I make it six defensive players if you add together two holding midfielders and four defenders. That's more than enough if they do their jobs.

It's a shame we're so negative and blinded by work rate over talent that our attacking players aren't allowed to shine or farmed out either on loan or into the under 23's.

Steve , we've got 27 points on the board and not in the bottom 3 .

We are in a dog fight this season to stay up , it's a challenging situation , you say negative but I say smart .

If Mowatt had enough talent then he'd still be at Dirty Leeds and not sat on Oxford's bench , if Moncur could be trusted to put in a shift then he may have played more games , I'm not party to the reason Mallan wasn't considered till recently .

Points trump entertainment when you are at the bottom of the league and he's doing alright with the resources he's got available in my opinion .

A carnt see Mowatt coming back here at all , Moncur ? Well I'd love him to start performing, undoubtedly talented , are we trying to make him the next Conor Hourihane ? Not sure he's cut out for some of the dirty work that role requires , Mallan , i like the look of this lad , needs to be more involved with free kicks , Corners etc , i think he could be a top signing , keep playing him on a regular basis , he could be the next Conor Hourihane , if there is another

I like the look of Mallan. He’s good at dead balls and can see a pass. He needs some game time.

Mowatt allus looked a waster to me. Dale Jennings Mark 2. £500,000 wasted along wi £500,000 Kawepkna. Cudda spent that gerrin Chris Martin in.

" but if you never try youl nivva kno " Fix you Coldplay entwi wasted sum money tho paying players and managers off , dunt foget that Treacy from Burnsley , a earrd he costus a fortune !!!

Last January, on paper, Mowatt looked a decent signing. But he has been a big disappointment, so one that did not work out. I am beginning to think Moncur may be the same. However, I think Mallan should be given a run in the team, I think and am hoping that he will be a good player for us.
    Others managers have spent a lot of money on players who didn't work out, for example, Alex Ferguson