+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer News

Transfer News

According to what I have heard..

Johnny Evans has said his goodbyes to all of the players and will be gone by the weekend with Man City firm favourites, but Arsenal showing interest as well.

And, we are reportedly readying a bid for Nick Powell of Wigan who have indicated they would be prepared to listen to offers of £1.5m for him. Looks like there are other Prem clubs interested as well including Newcastle and Palace. However, that would be a good buy in my opinion. He's been in banging form for them this season, albeit in League 1.

Powell was a quality player as a youngster but ruined by Man Utd like so many youngters are by opting for a big club too soon, that said he's the sort of signing I've been banging on about for years, it's time we started looking for the next Dele Alli albeit, hopefully,not such a C nut!

Young British players with b o l l o x and talent rather than 110k a week lightweights like the Pole.

Offer them 2 million and snap him up. If he doesn't do the job and save us he may be handy in the Championship next season.

We need more specific strikers not specific midfielders it didn't raise much interest last time but I will put it up again...

I believe this is the area we should be scouting not League 1

There are several good strikers in Serie B playing for teams that have had Serie A experience none much better than this guy
    Samuel Di Carmine

http://www.espnfc.com/player/77260/samuel-di-carmine

[
    There are others...
    Last edited by goodlordmurphy; 17-01-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Sky are suggesting we are pushing to secure a loan deal on another Egyptian defender. (With option to buy)

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Sky are suggesting we are pushing to secure a loan deal on another Egyptian defender. (With option to buy)
    From what I recall TP went on a scouting trip to see this Egyptian centre half but ended up with Hegazi as he was available. Can see this one coming off.

Saw that about the Egyptian hegazi has set the bar pretty high though! On a mad note but a why not I see Samir nasri has been released by some Turkish club and amazingly he's only 30! 6 month contract would be a gamble worth taking for me??

We are always watching , Pondering, monitoring never buying . Everton within 2 days signed Walcott from Arsenal saying their interested to showing him off in a club shirt , why can we never do that even rubbish HRK had to train with us for a time before we said ok ? bound to score against us walcott 😢 .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    We are always watching , Pondering, monitoring never buying . Everton within 2 days signed Walcott from Arsenal saying their interested to showing him off in a club shirt , why can we never do that even rubbish HRK had to train with us for a time before we said ok ? bound to score against us walcott 😢 .
    Interesting that Nick Powell is only on the bench for Wigan tonight but surely there is far better out there!!

Maybe they could "hire a glyphic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)