+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hmm - new midfielder surplus to Boro's requirements?

Will he be able to walk straight into the team and improve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Will he be able to walk straight into the team and improve it?
    I dunno Billy but the YEP seems to think he's definitely going to make his debut against Millwall.

Well, we've been crying out for a signing with prem/championship experience, and now we've got one.

I know absolutely nothing about Forshaws, however a question I would really like to hear peoples view's on would be, is Forshaw an improvement on Bridcutt?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about Forshaws, however a question I would really like to hear peoples view's on would be, is Forshaw an improvement on Bridcutt?
    Not really relevant as Bridcutt doesn't play for Leeds United but I think that he's a better player than Bridcutt ever was or will be.

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Not really relevant as Bridcutt doesn't play for Leeds United but I think that he's a better player than Bridcutt ever was or will be.
    Thanks for the reply, I would suggest it is relevant as Bridcutt was supposedly our midfield tough tackling engine, with promotion and PL experiences that we sold for £1 mill as he was surplus to requirements in the summer, but now it appears we have signed a like for like replacement for £2 mill because we are looking for those qualities.

If he is a better player as you suggest then great, if he isn't, then you would have to wonder why we got rid of Bridcutt?

Expect he'll be better than okane.

He might even be able to play 90+minutes without spitting or shoving someone.

does seem to have a rep for missing sitters. He'll fit right in with with some of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I would suggest it is relevant as Bridcutt was supposedly our midfield tough tackling engine, with promotion and PL experiences that we sold for £1 mill as he was surplus to requirements in the summer, but now it appears we have signed a like for like replacement for £2 mill because we are looking for those qualities.

If he is a better player as you suggest then great, if he isn't, then you would have to wonder why we got rid of Bridcutt?
    To be honest mate I was thinking the same thing - stupid decision letting Bridcutt go before even playing Klich - the guy who was here to replace him!
    Hopefully this guy - with loads of Championship experience - will be the business - and fill the void

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    To be honest mate I was thinking the same thing - stupid decision letting Bridcutt go before even playing Klich - the guy who was here to replace him!
    Hopefully this guy - with loads of Championship experience - will be the business - and fill the void
    It sort of begs the question about those two decisions - getting rid of Bridcutt and buying Klich - both appear to have been mistakes that have led to us spending more in January to get someone very similar (hopefully better, but that will only be determined in time).

Even if he turns out better, it leaves you asking about the judgement of the people who made the earlier two choices. One out of three wouldn't be that great. Although i guess if the one ends up driving us to promotion, we'll have forgotten about the other two by then!

Overall I thought bridcutt was a bit disappointing to be honest and wonder if his wages had something to do with it? Him going I mean.

Would liked to have seen klich play a bit more assuming he will be going on loan.

Think forshaw is an excellent addition and better than both I hope.

We need another forward, love ekuban's desire and commitment but that injury is blighting his season. Lassonga looks so fecking unfit and at the moment clueless. After a good start he's done feck all except take up a shirt.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)