+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: hmm - new midfielder surplus to Boro's requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by pudseylufc View Post
    hear hear, we have people whinging because we havent spent money, when we do the usual neg heads come out.

lets give the guy a chance for effs sake.
    I'm glad we have signed an experienced Championship player, less so that we went from 2.5 to 4.5m, we'll see if he is worth it by giving him a chance, 'k?

Think it's fair to say if he doesn't perform well in his first few games the negs will be on him like a tramp on a bag of chips.

He needs to perform well when we've paid the most since Fowler for his services! As for "negs", I suppose criticism of the likes of Anita, Grot, the Scum waste of space, Lassogga etc etc is what you mean. You would suggest they were worthwhile investments, or maybe they need more time to settle in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I'm holding fire on this one because there is some sense in the style of play he apparently offers (can't claim to know, but have read up on him a bit) and how it could benefit us, rather than a team (like Boro) playing a different way.

Also, it has to be said that the decision to pay 2.5 to start with and possibly up to 4.5, does suggest there is a will to try and do something this year, rather than just stick at hoping for the best with what we've got.

If we were to get a striker in (Peterborough have just bought a new one, so Madison might be about to become available as a knock on) and spend 5+ on him, i think that and Forshaw/the Belgian fella, would show some modest intent, and answer some of the questions we have been putting about the level of investment and desire for a proper promotion push. A goalkeeper would seal it for me, but i think that might be wishful thinking. The three signings (or four) would tell me there is appetite there for THIS year.
    Would have preferred to see McGoldrick or someone like that first, then see what is left for someone like Forshaw, but we'll see how he performs.

So thats a defender and a midfielder. Now for a striker and a keeper and wer back on track. Maybe someone does recognise our needs after all.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I'm glad we have signed an experienced Championship player, less so that we went from 2.5 to 4.5m, we'll see if he is worth it by giving him a chance, 'k?
    It is 4.5m with add ons. 2.5m fee with 2m based on performance so if he is crap that money will never leave our accounts as he won't be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    He needs to perform well when we've paid the most since Fowler for his services! As for "negs", I suppose criticism of the likes of Anita, Grot, the Scum waste of space, Lassogga etc etc is what you mean. You would suggest they were worthwhile investments, or maybe they need more time to settle in?
    Nah we paid more as a fee for Wood, Jansson, Saiz, Roofe, Bellusci (jesus christ) and the same for Alioski. They all have add ons same as Forshaw but they're reporting Forshaw fee with add ons.

Though to be honest the fee means nothing, it is about what he does on the pitch that defines him.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Nah we paid more as a fee for Wood, Jansson, Saiz, Roofe, Bellusci (jesus christ) and the same for Alioski. They all have add ons same as Forshaw but they're reporting Forshaw fee with add ons.

Though to be honest the fee means nothing, it is about what he does on the pitch that defines him.
    Agree 100% about what he does on the pitch, applies to every player (and not just because they sign a piece of paper).

I'd say it's a solid January window so far, de bock and forshaw both experienced players, ditched a waste of space and sent him back to scummersville

One more signing hopefully a striker with goals would complete a very good January imo

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Be interesting to see what he does do on the pitch given he hasn't even been on the bench for Boro..hopefully he will prove a point to those who wrote him off.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)