+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: hmm - new midfielder surplus to Boro's requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Boro fans are delighted to have got rid and got a fee that will rise to over 4 million..just passing on what I have read and not having a neg head moment..the response from clubs fans when they sell a player is usually a good marker.

Proof will be in the pudding.

I wish the lad well....
    I think in this case it could be that they have played a different style and he hasn't been a fit. I'm being hopeful in saying it, but it seems that he has had a decent career that has stalled for a few months because of that, and perhaps the Boro fans have short memories of his contribution made during their promotion year then into the premier season.

Of course that Boro team was famous for how Karanka was very defensive and they never scored, so it could be that his defensive qualities are a much bigger part of his game and so he couldn't get in on that basis.

Of course the main thing we need at present is a strong, focused, tidying-up central midfielder, who provides a defensive line in front of the back four and can feed the ball to our creative players. A bit of a Batty, in short.

Let's hope that what Forshaw might have been before, but hasn't been needed for recently at Boro, is just what we need - a much better and stronger version of O Kane - who doesn't go off for a wander with the ball and squander possession, but just wins it, and distributes to Saiz or Hernandez etc with accuracy.

If that's what he is and does, it could be a great signing.

Don't shoot me if it goes wrong, i'm just trying to see the thinking in signing him, from reading about his game, without ever having seen him play to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    WTF you have to realise that British and Irish players with prem/champ experience are expensive, there's no club getting them on the cheap, we either get cheap foreigners or expensive brits, what would you suggest?
    I'd suggest that if we're going to shell out £2.5m and rising, we get a player who is able to play.

On the general front, of course players with experience will be more expensive than the chancers or DoF has been fixated on for the last 12 months. I'd accept even more if spent on players in demand as opposed to cast-offs unable to secure 1st team places, web if they came from lower English leagues. I suspect our lower leagues are substantially more competitive than just about every European leagues apart from their most senior divisions. We should focus our efforts there.

BTW if he does turn out to be that, what a shame he's not available in a game like Millwall today.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)