+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwich eyeing Dack.

Norwich eyeing Dack.

Here we go. This is the point whether we find out if Venkys really have changed their approach to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Here we go. This is the point whether we find out if Venkys really have changed their approach to the club.
    I think it's probably a question of putting a price-tag on him that will put people off. At the moment, I doubt that Norwich would seem a significant step up to Dack himself. Now, if it was a PL club, that might be a bit more problematic.

Won't happen in my opinion but if it does it will be for a Decent offer
    We have Payne and Armstrong in the squad If 5 million comes in can we turn that down?

Not saying we should by the way as he is integral to our promotion hopes but we also have to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Not saying we should by the way as he is integral to our promotion hopes but we also have to be realistic.
    I'd appreciate that thinking if the money was to be reinvested in the team robin, but venkys have never done that before..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'd appreciate that thinking if the money was to be reinvested in the team robin, but venkys have never done that before..

Have a bit of faith lads. True, this worries me aswell. Every player has their price. If Dack left now, we would not go up. Both him and Mulgrew are our main players. If Norwich had £5m (which remains to be seen) there are lots of other players playing at a higher level with Champ experience who would actually be cheaper than him. Of course we risk losing him. He will easily make the step up. I just get the feeling we are building something at Rovers. And the foundation to that is Dack. Don't forget he loves it here. He has a manager who has turned his career round, found him a place in a big club, has 100% faith in him. And he is really enjoying his football. And being at Ewood. I don't think Norwich are as big as us, and its a real backwater. Judge Venkys on now, not 3/4 years ago. Things have changed.

I tend to agree with this champs
    We should never forget what venkys have done however they are listening now
    They are backing Tony Mowbray financially and to my knowledge backing a manager for the first time since the vile one
    As long as this takes place then we can start the recovery process
    Not everything is rosey however things are improving.

I tend to agree with this champs
    We should never forget what venkys have done however they are listening now
    They are backing Tony Mowbray financially and to my knowledge backing a manager for the first time since the vile one
    As long as this takes place then we can start the recovery process
    Not everything is rosey however things are improving.

watch him leave now!!! If that happens .....well lets not talk about that just now!!!

Well champs if he is to leave I strongly believe it will only happen if the following 3 things occur.
    1.a bid of around 4-5 million is made
    2.It happens in the next 5 days to allow time to replace.
    3.Tony Mowbray is promised at least half to reinvest.
    We have a boss that has venkys ear if he says no then I would like to think barring the player wanting to go it won't happen.

Well champs if he is to leave I strongly believe it will only happen if the following 3 things occur.
    1.a bid of around 4-5 million is made
    2.It happens in the next 5 days to allow time to replace.
    3.Tony Mowbray is promised at least half to reinvest.
    We have a boss that has venkys ear if he says no then I would like to think barring the player wanting to go it won't happen.

I see it similar Robin. But with a twist. I think he would only be allowed to go, if Mowbray feels the need to let him go. A small part of me wondered if he already has his replacement. Byrne. But in front of my eyes, I have seen Dack improve as a player. He'd had one good season a few years back with Gillingham. When he arrived, he was a bit flashy, no end product, and wasn't 100%, down to his lifestyle. Mowbray has gotten so much out of him, in quite a short period. Also Mowbray has said a month ago, nobody will be leaving unless we choose to let them go. £4/5m is less than we'd make going up. Plus Dack is on a 4 year contract, on decent money. Also ....he's never played above League1. If he left now, I'd be shocked, but I'd also trust Mowbray in doing so, as there would be a reason. I just don't think he's going anywhere. There is nothing to say, once we get up, we will actually finish well above a club like them. They are going nowhere. If we go up, I think we will be very strong at the next level. That's what we are building.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)