+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    He might be dyslexic and thinks it's Jimmy Saville, that or he's making a joke about it being Saville? Only thing i can think of
    Possibly???

I think this is the perfect time to play Swansea & progress to the 5th Round. This game is sandwiched with them playing Liverpool on Monday night and then them going to Arsenal 3 days after our tie. Would be surprised if they bring more than 1500 - so we should easily outnumber them and create a good atmosphere for the team. COYP
    p.s. not sure if the 'Monster' thing refers to when John Toshack was manager at Swansea and used to have a pop at Jimmy & County for our style of play and him taking the high ground as if Swansea were playing the Liverpool way.
    Last edited by justincast; 18-01-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling error

Last time we played them Mark Stallard scored the only goal. 13 years ago now.

Our team that day....
    S Deeney (G)
    D Pipe (D)
    J Baudet (D)
    R Ullathorne (D)
    K Wilson (D)
    S McFaul (M)
    M Gill (M)
    P Bolland (M)
    S Oakes (M)
    G Hurst (F)
    M Stallard (F)

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    p.s. not sure if the 'Monster' thing refers to when John Toshack was manager at Swansea and used to have a pop at Jimmy & County for our style of play and him taking the high ground as if Swansea were playing the Liverpool way.
    Yep, Toss Sack said if Notts were playing in his back garden he'd shut the blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Yep, Toss Sack said if Notts were playing in his back garden he'd shut the blinds.
    Sad that it's Notts he's talking about but has always been a favourite manager quote to rank right up there with 'If he was on fire I'd dial 998'. I'm pretty sure the post about Jimmy being a monster is an unfortunate attempt at humour based on the Saville thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sad that it's Notts he's talking about but has always been a favourite manager quote to rank right up there with 'If he was on fire I'd dial 998'. I'm pretty sure the post about Jimmy being a monster is an unfortunate attempt at humour based on the Saville thing.
    That quote is Steve Thompson's single best achievement in his time at Notts imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    That quote is Steve Thompson's single best achievement in his time at Notts imo.
    Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Last time we played them Mark Stallard scored the only goal. 13 years ago now.

Our team that day....
    S Deeney (G)
    D Pipe (D)
    J Baudet (D)
    R Ullathorne (D)
    K Wilson (D)
    S McFaul (M)
    M Gill (M)
    P Bolland (M)
    S Oakes (M)
    G Hurst (F)
    M Stallard (F)

That midfield......

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    That midfield......
    Exactly my thoughts.

Gill and the headless chicken are in my opinion the worst two midfielders I have ever seen wear a Notts shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    That midfield......
    It’s quite remarkable the opposite path that both clubs have taken in the 13 years since our last meeting.

Swansea kept building and building and their club grew and went from strength to strength wheras we fell to rock bottom, then had a rocket from Munto to crash and burn later, and now we are building again. In another 13 years hopefully our fortunes will be much more positive.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast