+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you lot got this hideous virus?

Any of you lot got this hideous virus?

Christ I feel rough.

Not felt as bad as this in almost two decades,I've coughed so much my throat seemed to go into spasm at one point and for a couple of seconds I couldn't breath,very scary.

I suppose a visit to a doctor will be a waste of time so I just hope I make it through the night.

A lot of the family and local people seem to have had or are suffering from it but it seems to be a pretty brutal strain.

Any advice as to how to stop a throat from closing up?
    Last edited by mickd1961; 18-01-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Christ I feel rough.

Not felt as bad as this in almost two decades,I've coughed so much my throat seemed to go into spasm at one point and for a couple of seconds I couldn't breath,very scary.

I suppose a visit to a doctor will be a waste of time so I just hope I make it through the night.

A lot of the family and local people seem to have had or are suffering from it but it seems to be a pretty brutal strain.

Think there are two or three different strains going round Mick I cleared up one which I had for a month now have another snot making one high temperature drowsy and generally feeling 5hit. The wife has gone to the daughters until it's all gone can't risk her getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Christ I feel rough.

Had similar type of thing beginning of December lasted about a fortnight feeling crap , cough lasted almost up till Christmas. Doctor gave me something for the cough , & just said take paracetamol & drink plenty of fluids , if that's any help mate .

2 of my skittle team didn't play last week and aren't available tonight due to it. I have the annual flu jab. Not sure if that has prevented me getting it or not. It's certainly very prevalent around the whole of the country at the moment.

My eldest granddaughter's teacher has one strain of it. Nobody else I know yet (except on here) and I just hope to Allah I don't get it. I will never forget going down with Hong Kong flu in Jan 69. Totally debilitating and have never been so ill. It grates on me whenever I hear people say 'Oh I had a touch of the flu' when they have felt rough with a bad cold. A bad dose can be a killer and is not easily shaken off. Sorry, all the best Chris and hopefully you are feeling better soon.

Most of my family have had it now for over a week and it seems horrendous. Feeling crap, weak, coughing and spluttering and all that despite having had the flu jab which I read is not protecting us against the main strain of this virus at all. Luckily I am over 150 miles away and safe from getting from them at least!

My wife had it, it started on Christmas Day, down in West Brom., she didn't get up at all on Boxing Day, managed to get her home on the 27th, straight to bed till next day.
    She's just got over it, I was really worried, after 50+ years I've never known her so bad.

Mick, you could just croak, no more problems then! There is always the option, though, of paying a visit to Russell’s Hall and spending a day or two on a trolley; that will fix it, won’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    My eldest granddaughter's teacher has one strain of it. Nobody else I know yet (except on here) and I just hope to Allah I don't get it. I will never forget going down with Hong Kong flu in Jan 69. Totally debilitating and have never been so ill. It grates on me whenever I hear people say 'Oh I had a touch of the flu' when they have felt rough with a bad cold. A bad dose can be a killer and is not easily shaken off. Sorry, all the best Chris and hopefully you are feeling better soon.
    I haven't had it! Mick not me. If I do get it I will let you know what it is like though I probably won't bother getting it.
    That said I had a runny nose for an hour or so yesterday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I haven't had it! Mick not me. If I do get it I will let you know what it is like though I probably won't bother getting it.
    That said I had a runny nose for an hour or so yesterday morning.
    Chris and Mick. My humble apologises. I think I am coming down with something. Increasing and potentially chronic amnesia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)